[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Have an Idea, where do I start? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Have an Idea, where do I start?

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Have an Idea, where do I start?

Postby oscar74 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:33 pm

I have an Ebook idea but where do I start? Should I open my text editor and start cranking out content or should I look into the following...

What kind of numbers should I look at in Wordtracker/Overture?
Should the format be in a certain format?
Should I try to sell some other ebooks first before start creating my own?

I have been experimenting with Adsense for about a year now and am looking to move to the next level.

All comments appreciated!
oscar74

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:59 pm

I'm going to recommend a product to you - but only because it's the one I use myself... and it is a HUGE help in all of the areas you've brought up in your post. It's titled <-- thats a link to my review.

1) Before you start 'cranking out content', sit down and scratch out an outline or table of contents. This will help you to better organize your information, and result in less editing later ;)

2) As far as keyword research goes, you want to make sure there is sufficient demand, but that it is not overly competitive to the point of making it hard for you to break into the market. Over 100 searches a day is a decent minimum to work from. Aside from that, it's all about how targeted it is and how easy it will be for you to get in the top results for that term.

3) An ebook should be in PDF format.

Hope that helps! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby oscar74 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:35 pm

Lynn,

Thanks for the reply. This is the information that I need. I'm ok with the writing and PDF, its trying to guess the demand which is difficult.
oscar74

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:34 pm

There is a category here at the forum specifically for Market Research if you need help with anything at all! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Ebooks & Info Products