[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What EBOOK software Do I Use • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What EBOOK software Do I Use

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What EBOOK software Do I Use

Postby globalbizz » Fri May 19, 2006 6:44 am

globalbizz

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 19, 2006 1:56 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby amedno1 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:00 am

amedno1

Postby oyvind » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:13 am

Hi, I agree that pdf is the best format for ebooks, but it is possible to
produce a much more appealing and intresting book in other formats.

The ebook software that I have in my signature, is making exe files,
but this is about to change. an upgrade is underway that can produce
both exe and pdf format of the same book. Some of the features will
perhaps disappear in the pdf version of the books, but then its possible
to offer rebrandable exe and pdf ebooks so customers can choose
what format to download.

I would appreciate some feedback regarding the header image on the
salespage. I was wondering if it looks somehow amateurish, and wether I should spend time and energy making another one, or buy from a professional or not... :idea:
Thanks in advance.
oyvind

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:42 am

Yes, PDF is the best format for ebooks because it's much easier to read, easier to create, and is also more professional.

There's a free software program I've found called PrimoPDF which is very easy to use and offers more advanced features than PDF995.

You can learn more about it and download it for free at: http://www.primopdf.com
Ladan Lashkari

Postby electrobooks » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:18 am

Hi all

(op) Pdf is definatly the way to go if you are going to sell it to the masses as it covers both Windows and Mac Pc's whereas other ebook creators which create .exe files only work on windows (well they do on Mac with an emulator).

If you wanted to go with an ebook creator instead my highest recomendation goes to from the Internet marketing Centre because of its shere quality and security which is miles above the rest.

Hope that helps

Chris Glasspool
electrobooks

Postby John Triscan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:44 am

John Triscan

Postby ryquest » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:38 pm

ryquest

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:40 pm

PDF gets most votes, but there are those who prefer .exe. I offer both. Activ Ebook Compiler is my favorite program for that, with EasyEbookCompiler second. AEC is $30 and EEC is $49, I think. Ebook Pro is probably a great compiler, but just now, $197 is more than my budget will allow.

I am a software junkie, so one day when I can afford it, I may go after Ebook Pro.

I do buy .exe eBooks. I don't feel they are unprofessional. They're just another choice. I've bought PDFs that were designed in haste and not very well edited. For me, the format isn't the issue, it's the time and care the author put into his/her product in the first place.

As a fiction author/sef publisher, I love designing in HTML, probably more than I do for PDF. Anchoring images so they don't travel or having my chapter heading begin in the wrong places are a couple of headaches I'd like to be able to solve. This doesn't happen in my HTML projects.

Those who download the freebies, enter my giveaways and contests, or buy the full book are equally divided between the two formats. That could change, I know. But for now, I'll keep offering both formats.

eBookWriter

Why PDF is superior

Postby successaccess » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:34 am

PDF is the best because:

1. It works on PC's and AppleMacs
2. People don't always like downloading .exe files
3. It looks neat and tidy when you transfer your word file into PDF
4. You can secure them
successaccess

Postby jaidai » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:18 pm

jaidai

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:25 am

I agree with the others PDF is the way to go. I use PDF Converter Professional. It's fantastic. It does cost $100 for the software but it is well-worth it.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby MuseOfLife » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:17 am

My brother recommended me to use this . I’m totally satisfied with it.
MuseOfLife

Postby tknoppe » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:01 am

I too have used pdf995 in the past and liked that just fine; however, I'm now using OpenOffice and it has a built-in pdf converter that will also allow you to keep your embedded anchor text links and linked images - so I would recommend that. So you can use it to type out your ebook and convert it to PDF all in one application.

http://www.openoffice.org/
tknoppe
Elite Member

Return to Ebooks & Info Products