[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need eBook Coach Recommendations • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need eBook Coach Recommendations

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need eBook Coach Recommendations

Postby danadane » Tue May 16, 2006 10:49 am

I have made the decision to focus on informational products and have the completed rough draft of my first product.

Can anyone suggest anyone who would be an affordable coach for helping me get through the rough stages of this process, so that I can bring this product (any others afterwards) to final fruition?

Dana.
danadane

Marlon Sanders

Postby Kirk » Tue May 16, 2006 3:03 pm

Hey Dana,

I started in info products myself in 2002, but I got my feet wet in the offline, direct mail route first. The great thing about offline marketing (direct mail) is that it's been around so long, most of the "pros" in the field are well known - people like Dan Kennedy, John Caples, Joe Sugarman, John Carlton, and my personal favorite, Ted Nicholas.

Unfortunately, when I decided to start marketing on the web in late 2003, the "pros" were much less well defined. By mid-2004, I was more than a little jaded and was convinced that the only people making money online were the folks who sold "How to make money online" books. Then I heard about Marlon Sanders from a friend.

I bought Marlon's in the fall of 2004. If you haven't heard of "Amazing Formula", it was one of the first wildly successful ebooks on Internet marketing - way back in 1999. I was so impressed with Marlon after reading the "Amazing Formula" that I immediately started looking for a seminar to see him live.

As it turned out, Marlon didn't do many seminars anymore, but he was doing one on the Gold Coast of Australia in the spring of 2005. Now I live in Greensboro, NC - about 10,000 miles from the Gold Coast - but I really felt that seeing him live would help me get my head around Internet marketing.

After careful negotiations with my wife (we'd spend 7 days in Sydney and I'd get my 3 days on the Gold Coast), we embarked on the 32 hour journey from North Carolina to Cincinnati to Los Angeles to Sydney. After 32 hours in the same clothes, the sight of Sydney Airport was a welcome one - I could only hope that Marlon was worth all this!

After seven fantastic days in Sydney and confusing all the wait-staff by leaving tips at restaurants (Aussies don't tip - go figure?), we flew to Brisbane and drove about an hour to the Gold Coast. Since I had never driven on the left-side of the road before (english-style), it turned out to be quite a motoring adventure...but we finally made it.

As it turned out, Marlon's sessions at the seminar were fantastic and it left more than a few of us embarrassed for the speakers who had to go on after him. After the last session, I got a chance to meet with Marlon for about 20 minutes - he was the most humble, nicest guy you could ever hope to meet. We made plans to get in touch after we got back to the states and schedule some 1-on-1 coaching.

When I got back to Greensboro, Marlon and I worked out a deal for some 1-on-1 coaching as well as a package deal to buy almost everything we had ever published on marketing - most of which are *not* ebooks - primarily physical books, CDs and DVDs. I also joined his coaching program - MICLer's (Marlon's Internet Lifestyle Club). Although I spent several thousand bucks for this bundle, I can't say enough about the content - it's just genius - that's why almost every other Internet marketer copies his stuff.

So to finally answer your question, I think the best place to start on marketing info products is . Even though it was published seven years ago (although I think Marlon updated it recently), the content is just as valid today. He explains why SEO is largely a waste of time in driving traffic and lays out his case for what works far better.

If your looking for a more, step-by-step approach, consider looking into - it's little more expensive than "The Amazing Formula", but it's great for detail-freaks (like me!). Also, this book goes into more detail on Marlon's product surveying technique - nothing worse than writing a book on a topic no one wants to buy, right?

If you're looking into direct mail, try looking for Dan Kennedy's "Magnetic Marketing" on eBay or check out Marlon's program -

Hope that helps...
Kirk

Postby danadane » Tue May 16, 2006 7:30 pm

Wow, Kirk, thanks for sharing your experience and for the detailed recommendation.

Dana.
danadane

wow..

Postby calvinchin » Tue May 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for sharing... :shock: :wink:

Real Life experience is always priceless and worth reading. I learn
many things from you.

Thanks again. :D
calvinchin

Re: wow..

Postby Kirk » Tue May 16, 2006 10:20 pm