[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Click Here You Idiot • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Click Here You Idiot

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Click Here You Idiot

Postby oddsod » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:43 am

oddsod

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:33 pm

:lol:

Loved it! LOL Thanks for sharing ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby oddsod » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:42 am

Glad you enjoyed it.

There is a "serious" press release to accompany the site launch: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/1/prweb328957.htm

You may like that too.

The site's been a big hit and there's been a lot of talk about the clickhereyouidiot.com site in many forums and chat rooms. What was puzzling was that I've found many of the posters making comments like

"What's the big deal - the guy's selling an e-book"
"The page design sucks - it's even using images from a million year old Startrek DS9 series"
"The offer ends today"
"Move on, move on, it's just another get rich quick scheme"

Which was strange - as you know the site is a parody site - till I had another look at the page. Guess what? You'd think exactly the same thing if you skimmed through the site very quickly and read just the bold/headlines. :) So highlights obviously DO work.
oddsod

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:54 am

That was pretty funny -- thanks for sharing! :D

I'm not sure if he's really selling anything or not... he says send him $5 and he'll NOT clutter the internet with his ebook. I was almost tempted to buy just to see what would happen. :wink:

I wonder if that's how he's making money from the site (if he's making any).
Bonnie Lowe

Postby oddsod » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:12 pm

I paid.

Apparently, the #1 question from people who've paid AND people who haven't is: "Are you making any money?" #2 is: "How much?"

S/he's probably doing OK with that site (reportedly 10,000 visitors per hour at one point according to a post made by the author) but one or two people asked her nosy questions in a forum and got some pithy put downs that shut them up very quickly. ;)
oddsod

Postby Dave Navarro » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:26 pm

Dave Navarro

Postby edman » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:40 pm

Really cool.

I'm sure he/she is making some money, some people will just love it and decide to pay

great stuff...
edman

Funnier than he.....

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:57 pm

That was a great parody of the long copy sales letter...

Funny too...

Thanks!
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Steevg » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 am

Excellent book, thanks for the link oddsod (strange name).

It actually hit home a bit, I think I need to go back to my page and update it . . . . I got EVERYTHING he talks about - shame on me!

Have a great week!
Steevg

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:50 pm

Here's another good one along the same lines (maybe even better!):

Bonnie Lowe

Postby JosephRatliff » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Even funnier.

Nice.

I am glad I don't write like that. 8)
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby ManifestAMillion » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:04 pm

Haha I thought about do something like that.

Don't you hate it when you come up with an idea and don't follow through...then someone else does and they're quite successful with it :(

Ah well, just gotta learn from it.
ManifestAMillion

Postby Joe G. » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:16 pm

Wow, you got me with that headline..

Jow
Joe G.

Made Me Click...

Postby Julia Rivers » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:29 pm

I'll bet the guy IS making money...it made me click - don't we idiots just love being told what to do? Buzz sells...and of course, controversy!

:twisted:
Julia Rivers

Postby LynnWilson » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:23 pm

Those were both great! :D

Lynn
LynnWilson

Next

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters