[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Seeking Website Sales Copywriter • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Seeking Website Sales Copywriter

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Seeking Website Sales Copywriter

Postby ep2002 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:50 am

ep2002

Postby ProWriter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:08 am

I can offer you some tips.

1) You get what you pay for

2) No one can guarantee X-amount of results. Results depend on the methods of advertising you use, the frequency, the target market etc.

3) Consider selecting someone who has a firm grasp on writing copy as well as marketing.

I wish you much success!
ProWriter

Re: Seeking Website Sales Copywriter

Postby bookscanning.com » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:04 pm

bookscanning.com

Postby ep2002 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:20 pm

ep2002

Postby ProWriter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:46 pm

ProWriter

Postby ep2002 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:53 am

ep2002

Postby WebSEOWriter » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:19 am

I'd like to know the writer that charged 7k. :)

Yes, web copy does not have to be too expensive, but it also depends on the writer. Some are more expensive and they are worth every penny. Some are inexpensive and are worth much more. You just have to try and keep with the ones that work.

The evaluation of what works or what does not will become an opinion though.
WebSEOWriter

Postby ep2002 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:16 am

ep2002

Postby quantikev » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:52 am

This thread is close to a year old now, but..

Michelle - I am curious about the copywriter you mentioned. That price seems much more logical for me under my current conditions.

This would give me an opportunity to view the results before paying a 3 or 4 figure sum per page for something which I can not truly judge the value of.

If you can let me know, please pm.

Thanks!
Kevin
Last edited by quantikev on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
quantikev

Postby ep2002 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi there,

Well I never ended up using him, so I can't give you a referral.

I did end up finding someone else that was pretty good, but he slacked off towards the end when I wanted a 3rd site done, just not as long copy.

Also, a marketing consultant I used a few times reviewed his copy & felt that although it was pretty good, there were other techniques he used that were old fashioned & don't apply in this day & age.

I'm actually really really contemplating starting a MB for writers. I feel us employers/companies/sole proprioters, whatever you want to call us, need to find the writers who don't have egos 2 miles long & need to protect ourselves.

I don't fair well with know-it-alls who are sooo insecure. If I pay out money, I want them to be friendly, know their work & teach a bit (if I have questions I want answered) as they go along, as I love to learn.

In fact I was just looking for an editor & I had 2-3 who were so mean, I was being threatened me b/c I spoke my mind.

There are MBs for writers, but they are run by writers & a few days ago I tried to join one in hopes of posting an ad, & the owner stopped responding to my e-mails b/c she didn't bother to read the entire e-mail & she was snarky, so I was snarky back.

Too many dysfunctional insecure people run MBs, etc. & block good people from joining b/c they want to play the control card. We need more fair minded people who aren't so insecure & who support the buyer, not just the freelancer, which is how it stands right now.

So, b/c writing is soooo very important when it comes to the net, I want to start one. Finding good copywriters is really hard.

I've been trying to find one to do my opt-ins & upsells for almost 2 months now.

What do you think?

Michelle
ep2002

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:54 pm

Michelle,

To find what you are looking for in a writer (lower investment, possibly high return on that investment) you might try a few advertising agencies...searching for that writer getting his/her feet wet. This writer would have a senior editor "looking over their shoulder", and you can obtain a lower cost using that route and still get a good result.

In reading your stories here...it seems as though you have run into a couple (few?) writers that are the exception rather than the rule (big egos, bad service, slacking when it comes to extra work, etc...).

So the question is...

Are your expectations of investment needed to quality expected in the finished assignment reasonable? (i.e. you have limited funds, as most business owners do, but want the clean - polished - results delivering copy that seasoned copywriters produce?)

Please don't take that the wrong way. :D I have hired people to do website work, and gotten mixed results. The funny thing is, when I paid the BIG money (yeah right) I got better results for my site appearance (not yet what I expect). :D

Most writers (myself included) provide excellent return for your invested dollar and GREAT service following the project. Nope, I am not an inexpensive investment. But I am a MASTER of overdelivering in what I do.

Enough about me though. 8)

What about your project? Is this something that you are continuing to pursue? I ask because I do know of a few budding copywriters looking to start their writing careers, and might be willing to be more flexible on investment.

PM me if you are interested.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby ep2002 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:34 am

Hi Joseph,

I just PMed you.

Michelle
ep2002

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters