[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The 5 W'S • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The 5 W'S

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

The 5 W'S

Postby NetDebut » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:09 pm

AIDA From A Different View - I CALL IT THE 5 W'S

My childhood was my foundation for how I write and how I think. I caught on at an early age that writing is an art and it has a very distinct way of reaching out to people depending on how you apply it. I used my own method of writing and applied it to the criteria my teachers needed. You see, the criteria is always changing from teacher to teacher or professor to professor but the method that is applied can be easily molded into place to make it fit perfectly.

When I started learning about online business 4 years ago it was all on my own. I had to learn fast, just like when I was a child. My writing had to change from a teacher's point of view to a buyer's point of view - I had to think business. It was originally designed for my story writing or essay writing but I've altered it for the business writing.

Did it work? Absolutely! One month before I even launched my first business I wrote a 8-9 page sales letter. I thought I was going to be good enough to pick up 100-200 people, but I was shocked to had gather over 2,000 people!

Secret: No one has ever told you this but the biggest reason why some gurus are so successful is because they PRELAUNCH their business. This means they give a select few to participate early in the program because this allows them to gather testimonials and results they need to prove their business. Pre-launching is your most important step in starting a successful business.

Without further ado, let me explain how all customers, including myself, use the 5 W'S on a daily basis while surfing the Internet or seeking new products/services to use.

It works like this, you subconsciously ask:

1) Who are you? - You don't always have to introduce yourself from the beginning, but just be sure to explain who you are and share your experience (or expertise) to build rapport. Everyone is interested to know who is writing this letter to them and be able to justify why they should even consider reading it.

2) When were you established? - This is the trust factor. All buyers want to know how long you have been around. Are you a fly-by-night scam or someone who has been around the block. Build their confidence by letting them know how long you have been in business.

3) What are you selling? - This is a very obvious question but I have been to business web sites and not have a clue to what they are selling. It was more oblivious rather than obvious. In order for your clients to make a move on purchasing your product they have to know what it is first.

4) Where is your evidence? - People want to know that your product/service works. They want to see evidence, they want proof. Prove it by testimonials or images of received checks or other payments received. Keep in mind that the buyer-seller relationship is based on trust. If the seller does not trust the buyer, the product/service is not sold; if the buyer does not trust the seller, the product/service is not purchased.

5) Why should I buy from you? - Think about this, why would you buy anything from anyone? Because it "benefits" you in one way or another. Buyers need to know the benefits of purchasing your product/service. Arouse their emotion and explain to them what they would gain or what problems would be resolved if they purchased from you.

6) So what do I do? - This is another obvious question but if many marketers have made the mistake of not making the "buy now" obvious enough. Tell them what to do, where to go and how they will receive their product/service.

By applying the 5 W'S you will be better equipped in your sales letters because you will have answered every important question a customer needs to know prior to purchasing your product/service.

The marketing masters may not be aware of this but if you go to any of their web sites and use the 5 W'S you will find all of your questions answered. Can this work for you? Of course!

------------
Quick Notes:
1) Building rapport and trust is important in all businesses.
2) Answer all your customers' questions and they will have no reason to not buy from you.
3) Features don't sell, benefits do! [/b]
NetDebut

Postby Ravedesigns » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:21 am

Hi Van,

This is an interesting take on the 5 W's most of us learned back in school and I think you've done a great job rewriting this so any business owner can benefit. I think the 5 W's here combined with AIDA make for a powerful combination!

All the best,

Steve

P.S. Nice to see you on the forum here and I'll look forward to more great posts in the future!
Ravedesigns

Postby NetDebut » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:21 am

NetDebut

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters