[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Sales page for a bait and switch :) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Sales page for a bait and switch :)

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Sales page for a bait and switch :)

Postby webturtle » Tue May 17, 2005 11:50 am

As I've said in other posts, I have a page on my site which is currently getting 200-300 unique visitors per week searching for information on color, color theory, color schemes, color psychology, etc. I've reviewed those stats, and written a 20 page report which answers pretty much everything anyone has ever queried to get to that free article. What I plan to do (after some encouragement here) is swap out the original article (which IS still floating around on other web sites) and replace with a sales page to point to the e-report.

I've got a few people reviewing the document, and am flipping price around in my head, and have gotten set up with PayLoadz (for now) to test the waters.

Considering the fact that the people who land here are do-it-yourselfers who are searching for information on color (ie., what color goes with blue? how do I make my color palette? what color means loyalty? ) how do you think the copy on this page works?

http://www.sohoitgoes.com/products/color-theory.html

Bear in mind 1) I am still collecting testimonials 2) I haven't set a price or hooked up the sales piece - so that is to come. I will also be putting a picture of me and/or the report cover on the page. I just would like opinions on the draft copy, whether it sells what I have.

I'm still open to reviewers but only need 1-2 more. I am being told (so far) that the content is excellent, easy to read/understand, and much needed, but that I will never be able to sell it for much because the info is already on the web (but so is everything, don't you think?).

What is the appropriate place in a sales letter to mention price? At the bottom? Is it fair to give an "in a hurry - get it now" box half way down - I know I'D appreciate something like that.

Thanks!
webturtle

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 17, 2005 3:01 pm

Your copy is good - I think it's very personable, well-written... it flows well, and gives me the details about the product you are offering. I might suggest more bullet points & headlines (for page scanners) - and of course the standard headline & testimonials, along with the order buttons & signature + ps. (from what you said above, I figure you have all of that covered in the next draft)

As for pricing, I purchased something a bit similar several years ago... and I think I paid $14 or $17. Something along those lines. What I bought was actually a poster of the color wheel or color chart. VERY helpful!

You might take a glance through Ken Evoy's (free) book on the subject for some ideas, too:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/p ... ricing.htm

Another option, which you might consider testing, is to give the Report away for free and build a (large) targeted email list at the same time. This list could be very valuable to you long term - more so than the profit from sales of the Report. But of course this is something you'd have to test.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Sales page for a bait and switch :)

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 17, 2005 3:04 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby webturtle » Tue May 17, 2005 6:26 pm

webturtle

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 17, 2005 9:13 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin