[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Long sales copy versus short sales copy. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Long sales copy versus short sales copy.

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:23 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby oddsod » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:08 am

Hi Jeff, I know all you guys swear by that long sales letter written for you by Stone... but personally, I hate them. I don't have the time to muck about and I want the highlights, the price, and the Buy button. And, that's it. I don't want pontificating, pimping, preening, prissy presentation.

There's only one long sales letter I've ever read start to finish... and that's in . And the only reason I read it was because it was funny.
oddsod

Postby witness4him » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:17 pm

Hey. I just started a thread about this in Home office talk. Sorry I quess I should have looked here first. Personally, I don't like them either, to me, they seem suspious the longer they are, but that's not what the majority seems to say....what do I know...I'm just the new guy who doesn't even know where to post. ;)

Pete
witness4him

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:46 pm

LOL, Pete :P :lol:

The more I read from you, the more I think you're going to fit right in around here ;) I like your wit & humor!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby witness4him » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:31 pm

Thanks Lynne, :)

The bottom line I think is this, like others have said make it interesting, and intereactive. I have one more thing that bugs me though. Never getting to the price till the very bottom of the page. If you don't want to give it away too early at least have a link to buy now, or something. If I am convinced in the first 1/4 of the page, and have to keep scrolling for five minutes, until my thumb gets tired to get to a chance to buy, I may [probably will] lost interest (or guess that its a couple hundred dollars or more than I can afford because they are afraid to mention the price).
witness4him

Previous

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters