This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Marketing Is Communicating Value

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Marketing Is Communicating Value

Postby jsawvel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:28 am

I have recently been clicking around the internet searching for articles on "creating value."

Because in order to BECOME A WEALTHY MAN, you have to have something of value. If you have nothing of value, then you are bankrupt literally.

I came across a few interesting articles. One was called "How To Create Value In Your Sales Process."

http://www.showroomtoday.com/salesartFEB.html

The article goes onto state that one of the best overlooked ways to create "more sales" is to create "more value."

Another article brought out that marketing is the communication of value that you have created to your customers.

So, it occured to me that it is important to include as many product benefits as possible in your sales message, because this will increase the value of your product.

And the higher value your product has, the more sales you will make.
jsawvel

Postby Bensettle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:10 pm

And the higher value your product has, the more sales you will make.

And the more you can usually charge for your product too.

One of the biggest "AH HA!" moments I ever had was reading something Dan Kennedy wrote: "Money moves in exchange for value"

Just thought I'd tack that on there.

Too bad more people aren't concerned with building value instead of just focusing on using "tips and tricks."

Ben
Bensettle

Good point...

Postby jsawvel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Ultimately, I would like to create my own products, so that is a good point when I get to the selling process.

In terms of creating products obviously you have to produce something with value in the first place.

Along that line I did a bit of reading about defining your "core competencies." Trying to define what it is of value that you have to offer the world.

And why not create a product that emphasizes your core competencies?

I am starting to realize that you can´t master everything, so you will be better off sticking to what you are good at or developing one area of expertise well and finding talent to do the rest.
jsawvel

Re: Good point...

Postby doc333 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:31 pm

jsawvel wrote:Ultimately, I would like to create my own products, so that is a good point when I get to the selling process.

In terms of creating products obviously you have to produce something with value in the first place.

Along that line I did a bit of reading about defining your "core competencies." Trying to define what it is of value that you have to offer the world.

And why not create a product that emphasizes your core competencies?

I am starting to realize that you can´t master everything, so you will be better off sticking to what you are good at or developing one area of expertise well and finding talent to do the rest.

when you do create your products you should create a product with high value and aim for it to be one of the best offers on the net
doc333

Postby Bensettle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:55 am

when you do create your products you should create a product with high value and aim for it to be one of the best offers on the net

I like Gary Bencivenga's advice: "Why not the best?"

It's much easier to sell a good product than a haphazard (or crappy) one.

And it generates better repeat sales... as a good product pretty much sells your next one for you.

Just my 4 cents.

Ben
Bensettle

It takes guts...

Postby jsawvel » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I like Gary Bencivenga's advice: "Why not the best?"

I think it takes:
    -Guts.
    -Commitment.
    -Intense analysis of the competition.
    -Understanding and improving design.
    -Investment of time and money.

You hope that if you put forth the effort to be the best, people will "beat a path to your door" for your superior product.

"If you build it, will they come?"

That is probably a question that can only be answered with experience.

If you have the guts to be the best, you will soon find out.
jsawvel

Postby ChristineG » Mon May 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Aha! And the name of my site is....communicatevalue.com :wink:

It's very key!
ChristineG

Postby Sami » Thu May 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm a recovering marketer :wink: but here's my 2 cents worth...

Providing value is always important but even more critical now given the financial crisis.

During recessionary times, it's better to provide more value than drop the price, otherwise you'll diminish the perceived quality of your product, you'll attract a more price conscious market and you'll erode margin. It's generally cheaper to provide more value than it is to lose margin.
Sami

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters