[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please review my copy and give feedback • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please review my copy and give feedback

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Please review my copy and give feedback

Postby Lois » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if my copywriting stinks or if the product I'm offering has no value to my readers. So any feedback you can give me would be helpful.

Here's where I promoted the ebook in my ezine this week (first article...it's short):

http://www.marketingideashop.com/plan.htm

Here's the sales page:

http://www.marketingideashop.com/Market ... ntials.htm

I've had 47 people so far access this page since I sent out my ezine, but not a single one has purchased it. Any ideas?
Lois

Postby shelwriter » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:41 am

Lois -

Hi! I looked at the promotion for your e-book and your sales page.

Everything looks fine although I could not find a price anywhere. That could be hindering your sales tremendously.

Also, how responsive is your mailing list?

Are you promoting your new book elsewhere?

Did you build up a lot of anticipation for the new book?

Did you write the book because you felt there was a need for it? For example, did you notice a lot of your readers or subscribers asking these types of questions?

Have you thought about creating an e-course that explains the ebook. Small snippets of information to give the potential client an idea of what's in the book?

The book sounds great though.

HTH!

:D

Shel
shelwriter

Postby Lois » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:58 pm

Lois

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:17 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby shelwriter » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:37 pm

shelwriter

Postby netadventures » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:09 pm

Hi, Lois,

I liked the way your list of features reads, but in reading your opening copy, my first thought was that you're targeting a group of people who already know how essential a marketing plan is, and how a powerful marketing plan will drive a company's success - they just don't know how to go about creating such a plan.

However, looking around your site, I'm not so sure this is the case. If you are targeting people who really don't know much about marketing, and haven't even really been thnking about needing to write a marketing plan, I think you might want to rewrite your copy so that you tell them at the very start why they need to develop a powerful marketing plan that works. Then you can go on to tell them all the powerful planning techniques they will learn in your book.

I love the name of your site, by the way, and your "brainy ideas, better results" tag line!

- BJ
netadventures

Postby flyer727 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:18 pm

Have you tried testing different headlines?

47 visitors isn't really enough to conclude anything, though.
flyer727

Thank You

Postby Lois » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:47 pm

Lois

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:07 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lois » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:54 pm

Good idea. I'll think about it.
Lois

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters