This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Interesting Swipe File Ad

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Postby Bensettle » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:37 am

Not that it necessarily surprises me... but one designer emailed me the other day and said it was obviously a "photoshop" job.

He could be right (I know absolutely nothing about such things).

On the other hand, when I asked how he could tell, he never answered.

Must have been a "drive by" comment.

But still, he could be right in which case, it's the height of unethical advertising.

Ben
Bensettle

Postby Kyle Tully » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:09 am

Bensettle wrote:Not that it necessarily surprises me... but one designer emailed me the other day and said it was obviously a "photoshop" job.

That may or may not be true, but I've seen video of more impressive transformations by guys of similar age... so it's not impossible to make a transformation like that naturally.

Remember the first Body For Life competitions that Bill Phillips did?

So many people said the winners must have been on drugs (I think 1 actually was) or had been photoshopped. No one could believe a transformation like that was possible.

Not only is it possible, it's actually not all that hard.

Eat and train like a body builder an you can go from "normal" to "damn" within 3 months.
Kyle Tully

Postby Bensettle » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:17 am

What I thought originally was there seems to be a sort of "stretch mark" type thing in his abs that seems like it would be real (for a 67-year old guy) or the computer dude went through a lot of trouble to make that kind of detail.

I dunno but, either way, it must be killing it out there -- people keep emailing me about how they are seeing it in this publication and that publication (like USA Today, etc).

Ben
Bensettle

Previous

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters