This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Google Analytics Kicks You-Know-What

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Google Analytics Kicks You-Know-What

Postby Bensettle » Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Having such a blast with Google Analytics.

It's incredible to see how sites I thought were sending me good traffic aren't and vice versa.

Take, for example, new subscribers to my blog newsletter.

According to GA, I get a ton of traffic from StumbleUpon, but 0% of them convert into new subscribers.

On the other hand, GA is showing me that a dorky little site like Twitter -- which I originally used just for fun, and to maybe bond with my existing subscribers -- is converting at 9% for new subscribers.

Anyway, I have only been using GA for a few months (thanks to Ryan Healy for kicking me in the arse about that!). And so I'm not necessarily dealing with huge numbers to go on with these statistics.

But so far, it's already been pretty eye-opening.

Anyone else finding surprising results using Google Analytics?

Ben
Bensettle

Postby Kyle Tully » Mon May 26, 2008 9:09 am

I've had similar results with SU, tons of traffic (and spam comments) but 0 subscribers or sales.

Not really surprising, but forum posts always convert well -- Especially if the thread is targeted to what my site offers. (Funny that!)
Kyle Tully

Postby Bensettle » Mon May 26, 2008 9:20 am

Not really surprising, but forum posts always convert well -- Especially if the thread is targeted to what my site offers. (Funny that!)

Hey Kyle,

According to GA, this forum is converting at 10% for new subscribers so far.

Although it's still early (this is based on less than 50 visitors), it seems it really does pay to post instead of just lurk after all...

Ben
Bensettle

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters