[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Any Suggestions on Learning Web Copywriting? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Any Suggestions on Learning Web Copywriting?

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Postby players » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:07 am

players

Postby whozy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:13 am

What about Joe Vitale? Anybody a fan of his works? I only bought one of his ebook which is hypnotic selling stories and I think it's great. He talks about using selling stories instead of the direct sales pitch you often see to influence the prospect to buy your product wihout looking or sounding like an ad.
whozy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:17 am

Oh - Absolutely! I've been reading The Hypnotic Writing Master Course just very recently, and LOVE it!

There is a webcast coming up on October 5th (free), which you can get in on here: http://www.nitrowebcasts.com/g.o/sswt

... and Welcome! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby koanwrangler » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:43 am

Great tips!

All the copywriters mentioned are excellent-

I've been doing a lot of web copywriting lately, for my projects and others, and I've gotten really interested in the science behind the writing.

To really understand the nuts and bolts of the psychology of copywriting, a good place to start is "Influence," by Robert Cialdini. It's a great introduction to "why people do what they do, and how to make them do what you want them to do." As copywriters, that's our job.

If you really want to "get under the hood" of copywriting, and the psychology of Influence, Cialdini has co-authored several college textbooks that go into much finer detail. They can be snagged at half.com reasonably cheaply.
koanwrangler

Postby Andre Chaperon » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:02 am

Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby kidino » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:42 pm

I have been thinking about getting Triggers by Joe Sugarman. Anybody has any views on this one?
kidino
Elite Member

Postby whozy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:19 am

How to apply the 'click and whirr' effect on people eh guys. Claude C Hopkins said that the competent advertising man must understand psychology. The more he knows about it the better. And Robert Cialdini's "Influence" is a great way to learn the secrets of "jujitsu marketing" :lol: Btw thanks for the feedback on Joe Vitale Lynn. I'm thinking of getting his Amazing Writing Software. Anyone has any experience using it and whether it's worth the $99?
whozy

Postby Andre Chaperon » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:33 am

Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:24 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby theuniek1 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:04 am

theuniek1

Postby Domain Name Guy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:45 pm

Domain Name Guy

Postby whozy » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:39 am

whozy

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:09 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:21 am

Is that Hypnotic Wizards links for ordering Joe Vitale's sales page software?

And where did you get this Manual, Lynny?

I need to write a sales page for my second book and could use all the help I can get!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:35 am

That's for the hypnotic writing software, yes - just click on it and you can check it out ;) I got the manual as part of a limited time promotion & review request. A lucky break!! LOL :D I am not sure if you can still get it, but I would recommend listening in to the (Tue) to find out what he'll be offering. If it includes the Manual - I would highly recommend it.
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters