[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Sales Letters You Love To Hate • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Sales Letters You Love To Hate

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

Sales Letters You Love To Hate

Postby 90PercentAttitude » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:12 pm

90PercentAttitude

Hype or no hype

Postby etoles » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:46 am

I feel you on that! You look at used car sales tatics and new car sales tatics on TV and you see a totally different approach for the same product.

The used car which is less desired is hyped and screamed at you. The new car is presented to you with class and style.

But online it is just the opposite. The fancy site development products are hyped and shouted at you while the old used stuff on Ebay is presented more subtlely. Go figure.
etoles

Postby ManifestAMillion » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:40 am

You need to have the attitude that everyone wants your product. ASSUME that anyone who is visiting your site, is going to buy your product.

Just having this mindset will help you to write things that will cause ACTION and get them to purchase your product.

It's no different to Face 2 Face sales, if you are talking to a salesmen who doesn't really think you're going to buy his product then you're not. However if you are speaking to an assumptive salesmen who already presumes you are going to buy it he's just having fun then they probably wil.

Whatever state of mind your in when you are writing is reflected in our writing. So get into the state where you know your product is good and you assume everyone is going to buy it.
ManifestAMillion

Postby hst151975 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:38 pm

Here's a link to 6 great articles about creating effective headlines:

hst151975

Postby JosephRatliff » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:30 pm

Here is great lesson in copywriting and what works in marketing as well...

http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com

You will be surprised what sells and what doesn't.

In my opinion, it isn't hype that sells, it is a Big Idea backed up by enough real proof.

Here is another site that is also a good lesson in writing copy that sells...

http://www.bencivengabullets.com

Enjoy.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:43 pm

half21back

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Thanks...I have to admit I am biased towards people who have mentored me.

But...both of those sites are written by copywriting masters.

Gary Bencivenga is widely recognized as the worlds best copywriter.

The late Gary Halbert is very famous for The Gary Halbert Letter. If you can get past the "tone" in some of his letters, which is direct and abrupt...then you can gain a lifetime of marketing education from that site.

I was a lifetime subscriber...and in one of the issues, you will find out how much I paid to be one. :oops: But it was all worth it.

And now, you can add another to the list for marketing and success education... http://josephratliff.name

Sorry, shameless plug.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:00 pm

Yes, it was a shameless plug :)

I saw how much you paid to be a lifetime subscriber. Sheesh!
half21back

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Yep $2800.00 bones...

Around that. But I got the print version of the newsletter, and some bonus items that free visitors won't get.

I have probably made ten times that over the years from the advice though. So from a ROI standpoint... :D

PM your feedback on my new site, that is the only reason I plugged it, and I do realize it needs a header....

More feedback for content.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:13 pm

haha, no problem.

I like the site. Of course it inspires, a necessary element. It also educates, another necessary element. Here's a question for you, are you able to track your statistics? Are you tracking your subscribers?

Blogs are excellent SEO and RSS tools but they have limitations too.
half21back

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:33 pm

Oh yeah...Two lists are actually generated at the site...one for my e-course, and the other for my RSS feed via email from http://www.feedburner.com

I can track how many, and email addresses at the feed...and obviously from my e-course I can track other features.

As far as limitations...

The site's full capabilities are not yet being expressed. I am starting with an educational, information giving site...later to progress to other avenues. 8)

But the educational part, The Profitable Business Edge 2, will always remain. I am building one block at a time with this experiment.

My main sales site is at http://profitpartnersconsulting.com

Thank you for the look and the feedback. That is what I was hoping for.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:38 pm

Brad,

And by the way...

I looked at your site as well. Nicely done with the audio, quick, painless, and gets right to the point.

I love it.

You can send an email to joe at josephratliff.name if you wouldn't mind discussing the response you are getting from that combination.

Is it what you expected?
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Last edited by half21back on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
half21back

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:26 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby half21back » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:31 pm

half21back

Next

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters