[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is my business suitable for affiliate marketing? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is my business suitable for affiliate marketing?

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Is my business suitable for affiliate marketing?

Postby hprider » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Hello all,

My business, () is advertising "local" brick and mortar businesses in the U.S. on my website. These are typically small, individually owned (mom and pop) types of businesses that can offer coupons for their products or services. I am interested in setting up an affiliate network or joining an existing one as a merchant.
Is my product suitable for this? I would offer a commission for each subscription and residuals for those businesses who continue to renew their subscriptions.

Thank you,

Howard Ralston
Get Local Deals, Inc.
hprider

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:32 pm

Hi Howard and Welcome :D

Yes, your 'product' (advertising) could easily be sold by affiliates who earn a percentage of the profits. This is a great idea, actually.

Off topic, on the left side of the main page at the link above there is a subscription form. It simply says "Sign Up Now!". Sign up for what, if I may ask? You might want to include some descriptive text there ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby hprider » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:49 am

Thanks for the feedback Lynn!

I have made some changes based on your observations. Sometimes we get so used to what we have that we miss some obvious little problems.

Howard
hprider

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:14 pm

I can relate to that :!:

Sometimes it helps to go back through our sites and try to "be like a visitor" and imagine how they might perceive it.

I love the changes you made to the form, and the info page - very nice ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Program Managers