[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Any opinions about PayDotCom? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Any opinions about PayDotCom?

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Any opinions about PayDotCom?

Postby Jim Guinn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:22 pm

I just set up a new affiliate program at PayDotCom for my Financial Niche site. Have others used PayDotCom and what is your opinon/experience?

The main reason I was attracted to PayDotCom was they offer the capabilities of an affiliate program for a site that has a monthly membership fee. Also impressive was the speed and ease of setting up the affiliate program. It was a breeze and my site was "live" in a flash...as opposed to CB that makes you wait for all the approvals and can't support monthly billing.

One drawback I found is they "mix" vendor and affiliate menu items on the same page, so I can see how this might be confusing for a new affiliate to their system. It also is a long way to finding the promotional material if you are promoting a program as an affiliate. You have to log in > Promote Products > Create New Campaign > As an Affiliate > Create/View campaigns and then Scroll down. Took me a while to find all this. I am thinking of putting a link to a page on my site on the affiliate sign up form that has promotional materials.

So, have you used PayDotCom? I would be very interested in knowing what you think.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:17 pm

From an affiliate standpoint, I would agree with you. But Mike Filsaime has his own affiliate program set up through PayDotCom, and I did notice that he offers direct links to the affiliate sign-up page, etc -- and this is definitely the way to go. I would provide as much direct linking as you can to your affiliates.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jim Guinn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:26 am

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for you feedback. I am going to put the link to your "sticky" on this subject so we can continue the discussion there to avoid duplication. (I didn't even notice the "sticky" until after I made this post. #-o )

Jim
Jim Guinn

Return to Affiliate Program Managers