[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - starting your own affiliate program • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

starting your own affiliate program

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

starting your own affiliate program

Postby scott » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:36 am

scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:43 am

I recommend downloading (free) & reading:

Shelley Lowery, author of the above title, also has a great product called Ebook Starter, which comes with ebook templates over 25 ebook covers. This is the program that I use, and it really is a great all-in-one (affordable) package. You can see an overview of Ebook Starter .

You can get the above program, plus a compiler (complete with rebranding tool, see: ) for just over $100. I believe its around $50 to get set up with Clickbank... so for under $200 you could be in business ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:46 am

WOW Thanks Lynn!!!!

Any idea how successful e-books really are?

How does doing this relate to viral marketing? Is this the same as viral marketing or not?

Under 200 is awesome. I was anticipating much more!!!
scott

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:53 am

Definitely download the free ebook (above) as Shelley explains A LOT of what you'll want to know ;)

Viral Marketing is usually associated with giving away your ebook (or product) for free in exchange for exposure.

See: ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby scott » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:55 am

Thanks Lynn!!

Your the bomb!!!!

Scott
scott

Postby R Hagel » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:00 pm

R Hagel

Postby scott » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:27 pm

Thank you Becky!!

Yes the resource Lynn provided was excellent.

My question I guess relates to how to market my site and an e-book is one option.

My site is about how to get started fishing. What equipment you need, how to cast etc.

I'm working off the premise that people surf the web because they're looking for information and not to buy something.

That premise tells me they're looking for websites with tons of content not a sales pitch. With a sales pitch, I'm afraid that people will see it's an e-book and won't buy it and will move onto a different site to find the information they're looking for.

Maybe it's my own fear

But then again e-books are very popular and people make tons of money selling their information.

So I guess you could say I'm totally confused!

What is the best way to gauge the interest level of my topic if I wanted to pursue an e-book

Thanks Becky,

Scott
scott

Postby R Hagel » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:41 pm

Hi Scott,

It's funny you should say that you're afraid your market will see a paid ebook and move on. I was just starting to write a newsletter, and thinking through the concept of...

"You are NOT your market."

Just because you wouldn't pay money for info on that subject doesn't mean that other people won't. :D

An example: maybe some of the top executives at Rolex would never pay THAT much for a watch. But obviously Rolex does have a market of people who won't just pay top dollar for a watch, they'll pay that much more for the prestige than the quality of the watch.

People are funny that way. :D

Now will YOUR market pay? You'll have to do some market research, or if push comes to shove, do some testing.

Are there other products out there like yours? I bet there are. I bet the market exists. You just need to find a way to uniquely position yourself in the market so people will have a REASON to buy from you versus your competitors.

You might be right about people coming on the Internet looking for info, not to buy something. This is why it's a good idea to start a newsletter--you provide the info your market wants, but at the same time you're building a relationship with these people. When they trust you, they'll buy from you.

It doesn't matter if they day they found you they were "just looking for info"--they'll buy from you if you give them reasons to buy. :wink: Not right away perhaps, because it can take 7 or more "contacts" with you before your prospect will buy...but eventually they will (not all of course).

Again, the trick is to find out what they want, and give it to them. :wink: Makes the sales process a lot easier for you.

Hope that helps,

Becky
R Hagel

Postby scott » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:51 pm

scott

Here's your market, Scott..

Postby Pete Egeler » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:18 pm

Pete Egeler

Postby scott » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:57 pm

scott

Postby Tam » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:44 pm

Tam

Postby scott » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:41 am

scott

Ebooks versus PDF.....

Postby Dallas Guy » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:25 am

Actually, this brings up a question that has occured to me quite a few times.
I have seen the various compilers for eBooks, and have been tempted to go ahead and purchase one to get a head start on producing my frst eBook. However... and maybe this is just me..... I find the eBook format to be annoying. I stare at a computer screen enough all day long and my eyes get worn out reading everything online. I much prefer the ability to make a hardcopy offline in a comfortable chair and going back online later to check out the links, etc. Actually, if I read an eBook with links, I sometimes find that I get lost in multiple layers of link and even forget I was reading an eBook in the first place.

However. I imagine that the advantage of eBooks is the fact that they can't be printed and distributed as hard copy, although they can still be distributed as exe files. I already have the entire Adobe suite of products, so a PDF is easy for me to produce and format.

What is everyone's opinion on eBook versus PDF from the customer's point of view? And what recommended eBook compilers ? And what about software for helping to generate Newsletters? Opinions?

Mark
Dallas Guy

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:58 am

Ebooks in exe format can usually be printed also, unless the publisher specifically doesnt allow printing and 'turns off' that option.

Personally, I prefer exe format both when I am reading an ebook and when I publish an ebook. I'd like to take a closer look at the tk3 format that Tam mentions - she's the ebook expert around here ;)

My recommendations can be found in the 2nd post to this thread (above) or here: http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/a ... okbuzz.htm .
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Program Managers