[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Affililiate program question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Affililiate program question

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Affililiate program question

Postby webturtle » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:21 pm

I'm going to be finishing up my affiliate programs soon for the current info products and a few more that will be coming in the future. What I am having trouble finding is a good resource of information about how to create an affiliate program. All I'm finding so far (unless I'm more confused than I thought) is how to set up affiliate programs (join them) and businesses that are based on other peoples products and services. There is a LOT of that online!

No, what I need is to make sure I'm on target with things like:

*What should I include in my program (for others who are reselling my info products)
*How to figure out how much to pay an affiliate for a sale
*What kinds of resources/follow up/education i should give them
*How to find affiliates and promote the program

Whatever else I should do and know that I am not thinking of :) I know I could just go with my gut but I want to do it right and not miss anything. Learn from others experiences :) I do have a system for setting this up and will be within their confines - and it does allow a two tier system although I'm not sure if there is enough profit to do that (opinions anyone?)

Anyone seen that online and can point me in the right direction will be smooched. LOL
webturtle

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:10 pm

Honestly, it would make for a great info-product in itself! I cant say that I've seen any good material on the subject... and I believe most people set thiers up using others as an example to go by. I'll throw in some ideas for you to consider:

*What should I include in my program (for others who are reselling my info products)

Good stats & a log-in area (so they can track their earnings)

Articles to reprint, with their affiliate links

Banners/buttons or product images

Text Links & text ads

*How to figure out how much to pay an affiliate for a sale

With info-products, 35-50% is the industry standard.

*What kinds of resources/follow up/education i should give them

From an affiliate standpoint I can say that it helps a lot to receive emails every couple of weeks - or at least once a month. You can include ideas for promoting the products... or new articles/ads for them to use. Encouragement & motivation too.

*How to find affiliates and promote the program

Your first step will be to list your affiliate program in all of the . Including Alan Gardyne's at www.associateprograms.com

Next, I would contact webmasters and list owners that reach your target market, and speak with them about recommending your products. Allow them to review the product so that they can write their own recommendation or Product Review, too.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby webturtle » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:07 pm

Good to learn I'm on track - my marketing instincts on what to do have much of this underway already.

You know, I think that I've seen some mentions of some of this stuff in ebooks and programs geared towards self publishing. But you're right - it would be a good and needed product :)

Actually - I've got some creative ideas on this topic that I might explore some more - maybe we ought to JV or co-author something? :) If I know you, though, you're up to your eyeballs in product development already ... but if that sounds worth pursuing, then we should talk.

(I think I might also be out of my mind to be considering anything new at this moment - but any time I can't find something online, like you, i think "I can do that!" )

LOL
webturtle

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:49 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Rose » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:39 pm

Rose
Elite Member

Postby edy_st3 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:15 am

Hello

I join several Affiliate program and I've made a website that cover all of the affiliate program. Is this way true?
actually I want suggestion about my site. If anyone would help me to check my website. And give me suggestion about my site, (what need to change?).
This is my website : www.myinfo-news.com

Thank you for helping me.
edy_st3

Postby okcshoppers » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:55 pm

Edy,

Seems like you have a great start with building your website...and certainly the right idea. I am not going to establish myself as a "professional" here on "site reviews". But, I will make one suggestion. Instead of just leaving the Title on your homepage as "Articles" -- maybe try making a welcome to your visitors and who you are or what your site is about...something to build interest. Maybe something like "Welcome to My Info News -- Your Guide to Building Profits Online...... (of course, this is just an example. I am sure other members here might have some great suggestions.)

I didn't review all your pages, but I did notice on your Free Advertising page your summary had some errors in English: "You can put your ads for free and increase your traffic." which should be "You can place your ads for free. Increasing your traffic."

Best wishes on your site, Edy. You came to the right place to get some great suggestions. I hope you will receive some good advice.
Last edited by okcshoppers on Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okcshoppers

Postby edy_st3 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:01 am

edy_st3

Anyone interested in collaborating on this topic?

Postby jbsmith » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:38 pm

Lynn is right - this would make a great information product.

Aside from Lynn's great advice, there are some advanced steps to
really doing well with your affiliate program rather than just the
normal amount of effort.

For example, a certain number of affiliates will immediately start
promoting your products and as long as they convert, will remain
long term affiliates. A large number of others though, just don't get
around to it right away - and will forget about you within a few days
if you don't offer ongoing contact with your affiliates.

Think in terms of a weekly ezine for your affiliates, a separate 7-part
minicourse for your affiliates, a bi-weekly training call, some interviews
with master affiliate marketers, etc... to help your affiliates do more
with your program.

This is becoming much more important as good affiliate marketers have
so many more choices today - you have to be offering them ongoing
value to keep promoting your program.

Lynn or others that have direct experience, would you be willing to do
a combined teleseminar or recording on this with me - I have over 2,000
affiliates and over 50% of my sales come in through affiliate programs -
would be good to collect 2-3 people to run a talk/training.

Cheers...

Jeff
jbsmith

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:57 pm

Absolutely!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Program Managers