[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - ::: What Percentage Should Go To The Affiliate? ::: • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

::: What Percentage Should Go To The Affiliate? :::

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:29 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

services

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:15 pm

I pay my clients and students who attend my classes 20% on whatever they bring me in regards to services; for up to 3 months.

So if the client they bring me hires me in month one for $100 initial session, it's $20 When they choose one of my monthly plans, it's 20% for the next two months.

I pay quarterly.

I'm thinking that when I create my affiliate program, that I'll start there. Honestly, I don't want to make less than that per hour ;)
ElevatingYourBusiness

Competition

Postby Russell » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:15 pm

Sharon and Roy, I think first you have to decide at what price you would be happy selling it without an affiliate program, and halve it.

While you make only half as much per sale yourself, as when you had no naff program, you should make a helluva lot more money, due to the extra sales people on your team.

The other thing that influences the price is the amount of competition... high competition products will sell a lot cheaper than low competition ones.

If you use Click bank, you will get a lot of sales to affiliates who won't promote your product at all. These are affiliates who buy through their own hoplink, to buy pass the proper way of doing things... something Click bank isn't interested in stamping out... Click bank is a crap affiliate merchant for affiliates, but great for product owners.

Far better for you to use Shareasale, or put some other mechanism in place to protect your affiliates. Do this, and you will end up with less affiliates, but you will get the best affiliates out there, if the product and % is good enough.

I promote an eBook that pays sells for $39 and pays affiliates 75% ... I make about one sale every 10 days, but the merchant uses Clickbank, so I'm probably being robbed.

Another product I promote is a CD set training course that sells for $299 and pays 50%... I made one sale this fortnight, but hey, it's $150 in my kick.
Russell

Re: Competition

Postby Sharon & Roy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:57 am

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Affiliate Program Managers