This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New affiliate program.

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

New affiliate program.

Postby Graham » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:51 am

I am considering setting up an affiliate program, because I know it would be beneficial to have a larger sales force.

I am hesitant but thought I would atleast see what people think, whether I could hire affiliates to sell some of my pages.

One big issue is I have no way of determining who is refering a purchaser because I am using google checkout for all sales.

Anyone have things I need to consider before approaching this road?
Graham

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:54 am

I'm not personally familiar with Google Checkout, and which affiliate program managers are compatible with it. You'll have to do some research on that. I know there were some problems a few months ago, but the resolution to those can be found here:

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5star ... ssues.html
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Graham » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:56 am

I might be more inclined to attempt finding an actual program that can track in 2008, since google is free right now.

What do people usually use - paypal?
Graham

Postby Jim Guinn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:44 am

Graham wrote:I might be more inclined to attempt finding an actual program that can track in 2008, since google is free right now.

What do people usually use - paypal?

Hi Graham,

PayPal doesn't track. It is just a payment processor. If you want an affiliate program, you will need to use a cart that already has a built in affiliate program (such as Volusion or AShop Software) or find an affiliate program script that can be integrated into whatever cart you are using (such as Post Affiliate Pro, iDevAffiliate and JROX Affiliate Manager).

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby Graham » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Thank you very much Jim,

It's nice to know that info. I am going to be waiting on my results for a while to see if I need to do this, but I have a million ideas for cheap marketing, and want to see if anything takes off first. I only considered, because I need to consider everything.

Anyone think I should setup an affiliate program?

Another reason I don't really want to set one up is because after the site gets going, I would want to stop the affiliate program, and don't want to screw over the people who were trying to sell pages for me.
Graham

Postby Thomas_gun_21 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:34 pm

On this new site that just launched called Moneygeyser.com
that lets you track your commissions.

Thomas
Thomas_gun_21

Return to Affiliate Program Managers