[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Overture - using up money and stopping campaign • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Overture - using up money and stopping campaign

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Overture - using up money and stopping campaign

Postby computerincome » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:26 am

computerincome

Postby NetDebut » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:58 am

NetDebut

Have tried as many keywords as I could

Postby computerincome » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:18 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reply. I have tried many keywords, but very hard to even get them approved by overture in the first place. I am testing now for just one set with higher bids and will then try on another ad but really think time and money better spent on other things.

But want to use up money in account and not add any more. Just not sure how to do this. They seem to have you over a barrell.

Rachel
computerincome

Postby NetDebut » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Hey Rachel,

As a non-believer of search engines, I find it as a waste of time. And I know some people will want to grab me by the throat for saying that, but really. It's ridiculous. You have about a BILLION web sites (literally) on the Internet and yet we're suppose to get #1 ranking or even be listed on the first 5 PAGES!

Who has the time for it? Certainly not me. Do you? I didn't make money through the search engines. I never have, never will and will never mind it. Heck, my first successful online business was accomplished with JUST traffic exchanges.

Here's a good example. I do a search for "computer income" on Google and received over 85 million listings/websites. It's the name of your domain, you would think yours will come up first... no. In fact, your BLOG showed up as listing number 3... not your web site, your blog.

Alright, I stopped looking after page 5 of the search results. Only people who do research go past page 3. If someone is looking for something in particular, they go no further than page 2. Tell me the truth, do you? Anyone else? No, didn't think so.

Just my 1/2 a cent of course.

I'm not saying not to use it at all. I use it just so people could find me in case they forgot how to spell "networkersdebut.com."
NetDebut

well that's something

Postby computerincome » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:06 pm

Well at least my blog shows up!

I am beginning to think that the best way to spend my time is promoting via hit exchanges, doing good link trades, good ezine advertising and just updating my site regularly with good content and writing articles.

Forget the search engines and if I get a good listing - excellent but will not dwell on it too much!

Rachel
computerincome

Postby NetDebut » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:20 pm

Good to see you're still optimistic about it. So then I'm assuming I didn't make you glum, lol.

Yes, stick with those plans, but don't forget about web design. That means navigation. Here's a good example on your web site. I was looking through your ebook review. There's a lot of good reviews... but a visitor would have to keep scrolling down and down to view all of them. Why not make them individual pages and just a T.O.C. kind of page where they can select each one from 1 page.

Here's an example of what I mean: http://www.networkersdebut.com/reviews.php or http://www.networkersdebut.com/articles.php
NetDebut

thanks

Postby computerincome » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks for the tip, will keep in this in mind.

By the way - do you accept articles for your website?

Rachel
computerincome

Postby NetDebut » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Absolutely! You can submit it from my forum so other members can read it. I'll then add it to the article section in accordance to its category and alphabetical title.

Lynn, please don't be mad at me for putting this link here: http://www.networkersdebut.com/forum - you know I still want to be a moderator in your forum, lol.
NetDebut

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:56 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

tip for using Overture

Postby robbyk333 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:37 pm

When using Overture use a prepaid credit card that way you dont have to worry about them charging your card. They cant charge it if its not there. I have done this for a while it works. All they do is send a email saying credit card declined and when it gets to me out of funds i have to just put more money on the account and im back up and running.
robbyk333

Postby mrLenin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:55 pm

mrLenin

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising