[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Question about public service Adsense ads • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Question about public service Adsense ads

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Question about public service Adsense ads

Postby BPTT » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:28 pm

Hi guys (and gals)! I just created my first content website, and I'm a little perplexed about the Adsense ads. Why do the Google ads appear on some pages, and not on others? The only thing I can attribute it to is that the pages the ads do not show up on start with php code that is different from the pages that the ads do appear on. However, the page titles, headers, and other things are pretty much the same. Any advice on how to get Adsense ads to appear on ALL the pages? :?
BPTT

Postby Kirk » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:05 pm

I poked around your *training* site a bit - you've done a fantastic job blending in the Adsense with your content...

As far as the ads go, I've done quite a bit of testing with this on my own sites because I've seen similar problems - either no ads or totally irrelevant ads.

You can try adding more relevent content to the pages, but what always seems to work is either naming the directory or the file itself with your page subject, i.e., tips.php ==> potty-training-tips.php *OR* /potty-training-tips/

I personally think naming the actual page with your keywords is best, but this is up for debate. I like using the hypens as separators to eliminate any confusion when Google analyzes the page.

I've just finished converting all sites to this technique and have seen about a 5% CTR bump... more ads appear and they're far more targeted to my subject.

Hope that helps ;)
Kirk

Postby BPTT » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:35 am

BPTT

Postby Kirk » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:02 am

Kirk

Postby BPTT » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:46 am

BPTT

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising