[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Update on my first AdWord campaign • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Update on my first AdWord campaign

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Update on my first AdWord campaign

Postby Cate » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:58 pm

Hi everyone!

Just an update.

I'm netting around $50 a month now with my 3 campaigns.

All 3 are running at bids of just $.05 a keyword, other than 1 or 2 exceptions (no higher than $.20). My ads average 3rd place, other than 1 which averages around 11th. Still, I have sales from this campaign.

Nothing to buy a new house with, but $50 I didn't have before. This month I've let things run on autopilot just to see if results will be consistent. So far, they have been.

A word about AdWord Analyzer, a program I recommended in my first post.

I purchased it and used it to develop my first campaigns. I used it fairly sparingly...just to verify niches and pick out a few keywords. Because I'm not a computer expert I didn't take the time to analyze it and test it backwards and forwards on different platforms, etc. I was overjoyed by the time it saved, mostly.

Apparently it can be quite testy on a Windows NT platform - not the XP I use.

It also saves files differently than the typical Windows program. It gives you the option to save keyword lists as CSV or HTML files - that's about it.

I also got the program to hang up after running about 15 searches at once (which I guess isn't a huge shock).

You can read a fantastic review of the software here at Henrik's Keyword Hawk site:
http://www.keyword-optimization-tools.c ... awk21.html

He is meticulous - and had great integrity - so you can trust his review.

Any comments from those of you using AWA? Let's hear it!

Good luck with your campaigns--

:shock: :shock: :shock: Cate
Cate

Postby The Great Gordino » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:33 am

Hi Cate,
that $50 a month consistency is exciting!
Just keep developing more and more campaigns, and the drinks will be on YOU!!
Gordon
The Great Gordino

Postby Mike Merz » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:08 am

Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby Cate » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:49 pm

Cate

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising