[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone use Google Site-Targeting? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone use Google Site-Targeting?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Anyone use Google Site-Targeting?

Postby Mpress » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:38 pm

I just discovered today, and would like to know if anyone here uses it. With site targeting you pay per 1000 impressions of your ad, instead of per click. You can also advertise on certain URLs. Has anyone here used Site-Targeting and has had some success with it? Thanks.

-Mike
Mpress

Postby Jeff Casmer » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:45 pm

Mike,

I wasnt even aware that Google had this....certainly something to consider...let us know if you try it and the results..

Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby Mpress » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:01 am

I never knew google adwords had this feature either. They never really promoted it. But here's how it's going so far:

I made an ad for my website on Sunday October 30th. I set the price at $0.25 CPM (the minimum price), and entered the url's of the websites I wanted my google ad to appear on. Most of them are article directories. With Google Site-Targeting you pay per thousand impressions, instead of per click.

So far here's the results: I got 30 clicks since Sunday out of 6,000 impressions. I paid $1.50 for those 30 clicks (6,000 impressions * $0.25). So my average cost per click is $0.05, which isn't bad.

But here's my favorite feature with google's site targeting. You can see how well your ad performs on the website's in your list. My stat's show some websites are producing 10%+ click-through rates. You can also have your ad appear on certain pages of a website only.

Here are some tips though: Don't just "set and forget" your site-targeting ad. If you site target a website that gets a lot of pageviews, your adwords bill can go up quite quickly. You'll also have to weed out the website's that your ad doesn't perform well on. Also try not to pay more than $0.50 CPM unless you really have to.

So far, I really like Google's Site-targeting. I am just curious to find out if the revenue is shared with the adsense publisher as well, like they do with the clicks. BTW, SelfStartersWeeklyTips is one of the website's I site targeted, and the ad is performing exteremly well!

-Mike
Mpress

Postby reztar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:44 am

hhmmm... not bad, $1.5 for 6000 impressions
reztar

Postby mepDave » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:01 pm

I was pretty surprised/happy to find discover this feature as well about a month ago, and I tried it pretty extensively but without much success. Really paying attention to which sites I targeted and anrrowing it down seemed to help a little but not much. But then again, I could just still be choosing the wrong sites and maybe need to practice / work with it a bit more. I don't want to discourage anyone, especially it might work better for certain businesses than others, but for me it hasn't been anything I'd be in a hurry to throw more money at.
mepDave

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising