[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Which Contextual Advertising Service Do You Use? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which Contextual Advertising Service Do You Use?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Which Contextual Advertising Service Do You Use?

Postby StephenR. » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:57 pm

I use and across my sites. I was fortunate enough to get accepted into the Yahoo! Publisher service during it's current beta testing phase. I've noticed higher earnings with Yahoo! Publisher with much lower clickthrough rates (CTR) across similar sites. It would appear advertisers may spend a little more money on their campaigns via (formerly Overture) than with .

Yahoo! Publisher is still in beta format and has some room for improvement. A slight problem I have with Yahoo! Publisher is how it matches it's inventory from Yahoo! Search Marketing with your sites content. I've found Google Adsense ads are much more targeted to the content on your web pages than Yahoo! Publisher.

Yahoo! Publisher does have a one up on Google AdSense though. In the user administration section of Yahoo! Publisher you're given the option to transfer your Yahoo! Publisher earnings directly over to your Yahoo! Search campaigns. That makes advertising campaigns exceptionally more conveniet and efficient to manage. Wake up Google! In Googles defense though they recently made it possible for their publishers to have their payments conveniently deposited directly into their bank accounts.

So what contextual advertising service do you use?
StephenR.

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:56 am

I am using both Adsense and Yahoo! as well, and found the same to hold true - higher payouts, but less relevant.

The major difference I've noticed though is in the support. Yahoo reps have phoned me twice to ask for feedback and offer personal assistance with the program... which really gained points in my book.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby nuttymarketer » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:07 am

lynn and Stephen,

I have applied for Yahoo Publisher account. When I can get any response from them. Are they not accepting new publishers.

Yes There would be better of both Adsense and Yahoo. As the competition grow up, the last smile would be of Adwords, adsense, Yahoo clients and publishers.

Just keep watching. The games has just began.

Arvind Kumar
nuttymarketer

Postby emeradyl » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:35 am

emeradyl

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:37 pm

I ended up taking Yahoo off of my affiliate site altogether last week. The ads were not at all relevant - so far off base that I felt it looked bad on the site. I added Adsense back in place of YPN... and BAM - relevant ads immediately.

Hopefully YPN will be better in the near future. Maybe they are just working out a few bugs...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:42 pm

Right now I am just using Adsense. I did apply for the Yahoo network about a week ago. I am happy with Adsense though.
MommyEnterprises

Postby Hock Ng » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:38 am

Your observations about AdSense vs. YPN are in line with what I'm seeing. I'm seeing that recently YPN CTR is getting better - that's not just from one site but from many different niche topics.

It's good to diversify. I'm also testing out Chitika and Kontera. The key is to send lots of traffic and do testing on a somewhat longer scale to see if the revenue model is sustainable.

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby lata » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:25 pm

Arvind, you are not likely to receive a reply from YPN. They are only accepting publishers from the US currently.
lata

Postby nuttymarketer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:07 am

Does Any One have Idea when YPN will be available for countries outside USA.

I am in mess as Something has gone wrong on my site. Google had seen some Illegal clicks and Banned my site. Now I have been trying to convince them that it is just out of my hand when someone is clicking on it. How I can be held as cheater if someone is doing for it. I have lost it.

What should I do.

I think YPN is only hope for me now. I am from India so Chitika and Kontera is out for me.

Arvind Kumar
nuttymarketer

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising