[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I have lost it all • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I have lost it all

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

I have lost it all

Postby nuttymarketer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:37 pm

friends,

I feel defeated by the Google Adwords...I do not feel any embarashment in accepting that I have received only One hit from all my ads put in adwords. And I have lost all. I am in disarray here.

I want to do it at all cost. Can I have some help in this regard.
1. Keyword(s) selection
2. Title
3. Description

Anything....It would be great to hear from seasoned players like you guys. I am in this adwords for last one month.

Arvind Kumar
nuttymarketer

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:29 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby nuttymarketer » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:52 pm

nuttymarketer

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:10 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Sharon & Roy » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:20 pm

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Frustrated with Google Adwords - Reply

Postby vmti2003 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:17 pm

Arvind,
I want to add a few observations and suggestions that may help you. I've copied your information as a point of reference.

Keywords : Net meeting, online meeting, online meeting software

Ad:
Title: Net Meeting. Free Trial

Description:
first line : Make your corporate meeting online
Second line : and save 1000s of Dollar

My first suggestion is that you list the target audiences that could benefit from your Net Meeting offering. This includes Trainers, Facilitators, Marketing professionals, Sales Account Execs, etc. These target audiences may not be specifically looking for a Net meeting solution while surfing the Web. However, if an AdWords ad triggers my interest while I'm searching using keywords that interest me, I would visit your site.

I did a search for "net meeting" and there are 174,000 sites using that keyword phrase. There are also several Ads as well. My second suggestion is to visit the sites and view their META Tags for keywords (View Menu/Source). As they are competitors, you should be able to generate a good list of applicable keywords.

As Lynn suggested, use WordTracker to further explore these keywords, as well as for the target audiences listed in point one. You can also enter keywords, like marketing presentation, sales presentation, etc. and view the META tags for additional keywords on the Web sites using those keywords.

Your Ad needs work. Your title is weak and needs an action verb. The copy doesn't compel me to click with all the competing ads offering the same thing. What is different about your service?

For example, you are wasting space with "and save 1000s of Dollar" I know that English may be a second language and I figured that from the way you worded the sentence. Another way to say the same thing would be: Save $1,000s on travel which is only 22 characters and provides some detail.

How about these as suggested Ads:
Effective Web Meetings
Meet, Present, exchange ideas
Save $1,000s on travel

or
Affordable Webinars
Just add motivated participants
25% Discount - Limited time offer

Your Landing Page also needs work. It lists the generic benefits that most professional already know. What is different about your offering? If nothing is different then you had better be really less expensive and advertise it.

Also how does your system work? Do I need to create a PowerPoint presentation and upload it for viewing? Can I poll the audience for feedback about the course? Do you provide an instant messaging feature? What tools do you provide to make my life easier?

Why would I want to try something when I have no idea what it can do? Get me excited... :)

Lastly, group your keywords and set them up as separate compaigns so you can run different ads for each target audience. Also, as there are several ads for net meeting, you may not have bid enough to be on page 1. Look for keywords that have ads with 8 or less ads and you can most likely only pay 5 cents per click. Bid higher for keywords with 8+ words, if you can afford it to be on page 1.

Lastly, this type of service has been around for several years. Most professionals know about it and understand the immediate benefits. They also know historically what functionality has been offered. Try to add additional value, or again advertise that you offer the same for a lot less money.

I hope this helps. I have a professional training background and have used this type of service along with a conference bridge. Please post if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Vito Santoro
vmti2003@yahoo.com
vmti2003

Postby emeradyl » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:34 am

emeradyl

Postby Gerardas Norkus » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:04 am

Here are some suggestions to improve your Adwords campaigns:

1. Research more keywords but don't dump all of them in one adgroup.

2. Always run at least 2 ads in each adgroup so you can delete the one that is worse later.

3. Use negative keywords - the ones that are not related to your product or service.

4. Use exact, broad and phrase matches. For example, for a broad phrase net meeting, add [net meeting] and "net meeting".

5. Include your keywords in your ad copy. This will increase your ad CTRs and reduce bid prices.

Enjoy!
Gerardas Norkus

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising