[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - google campaign What does it take? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

google campaign What does it take?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Postby networkmom » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:22 pm

networkmom

Postby networkmom » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:08 pm

I used ad tracker for searching for the keywords I used but still not having any luck at all with any sales.
Any other ideas?

Thanks
Denise
networkmom

Postby Eric Stephenson » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:20 pm

Denise,

I just tried doing a search so I can see what your ads say and I couldn't find any of them.

I did a search on:

obesity in children
overweight children
overweight kids
childhood obesity.

Are your ads still running?

When you say that you are not having any luck with sales, does that mean nobody is clicking on your ads or once they click they are leaving the site without buying?

What's your CTR?

What do your ads say?
Eric Stephenson

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:25 pm

I asked similar questions in another thread. I'll watch here for your reply, Denise - and help if I can ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:27 pm

I paused the campaigns the other day. For the month I got 42 clicks
3,782 impressions and 1.1% click through rate.
Here is my sales page if you like to take a look:
http://www.fitnessandkids.com/fitnessandkids-ebook.html

I also ran another campaign pertaining to kids fitness keywords and in a month got 9 clicks,258 impressions 2.3% clickthrough rate
I think kids fitness is not a very searched for term but I knew that.

Any advice?

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:32 pm

The numbers are not bad... and 42 clicks is not really enough to test a conversion rate. I like to start a campaign out with 5 cent bids and get 2-300 clicks before I really get a feel for what to expect with it.

Have you tried promoting physical products on your site instead of the ebook?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:36 pm

I have not tried promoting physical products on my site yet. I was thinking about the dance revolution I sell since it is really hot right now but there are people paying .70 per click so I thought it would be tough do get high rankings.

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:45 pm

Dig around in WordTracker when you are researching keywords and see if you can come up with phrases that are less competitive. Longer phrases, more specific phrases, misspellings, etc. If you put enough of these together, you may get as many impressions as the more popular/competitive keywords!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:59 pm

So do you think I should try one of my products and not my e-book?

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:05 pm

You can always do both...

But I do think you might try the products to see if you get different results. I promote a variety of things on Adword and the campaigns that I tend to do best with are usually pay-per-lead aff programs or physical products...

As for your ebook - how well does this page convert with other sources of traffic?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:08 pm

I am not real sure how much traffic the page is getting :oops:
I have sold only a couple since I have redone the ebook and put up a new sales page.

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:02 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:39 pm

My host does not offer statistics. Should I put a tracker on it?
The new sales page has been up for about a month.

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:48 pm

Stats are pretty important... I'm surprised your host doesnt offer that feature! I know there are free services that will give you stats, but I dont know which one to recommend off the top of my head. Do you have one already that you use and like?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising