[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Looking to start a Huge PPC campaign • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Looking to start a Huge PPC campaign

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Looking to start a Huge PPC campaign

Postby whistler » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:46 pm

Hi,

I'm going to start using PPC to promote my business. I have read a few posts about Google and Overture. I was just wondering which company has delivered as promised. I have also thought about using Microsofts Small Business Solutions, has anyone utilized their services.

Daryl

whistler

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:13 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re:Google and Overture

Postby whistler » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:44 pm

Hi Lynn

Thanks for the reply yes I'm going to promote the site in my sig. Do you have any specific posts I should read prior to embarking on Google or Overture.

Daryl

whistler

Postby awebbiz » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi Daryl,

I have used most of the PPC search engines. The only ones I currently use are Google AdWords, Overture and FindWhat and that's the order I rank them so far as which ones are currently giving me the best profits.

I visited your Web site and I think your inner pages with sales letters would work the best for targeting relevant keywords and using PPC.

You will greatly improve your chances of making a profit with PPC if you use landing pages with opt-ins. You can offer something for free like a report or a short course. That way you can capture your visitor's name and email address and then you'd be able to follow up with more offers.

There is a lot of good information on the Google AdWords Web site which will help you run profitable campaigns. Other than that I'd recommend The Definitive Guide to Google AdWords, which will decrease your learning curve and show you how to choose keywords and run campaigns.

Your main goal is to get the most relevant keywords for your campaigns at the lowest bid price possible and try to maintain a high CTR (Click Through Rate).

regards,
awebbiz

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:24 pm

Hi Daryl,

You'll want to do lots of keyword research. Some helpful tools are WordTracker and Keywords Analyzer. Prepaid legal is a very competitive area. You'll need to do lots of digging for phrases that people are searching for if you want to get low-cost bids. You'll have to test your ads and see how they convert and what your breakeven point is.

You'll also need to write good ads. Just type in "prepaid legal" in Google and study the top ads. These are the ones making a profit that they can afford to stay on top.

Good luck.

Hock
Hock Ng

PPC

Postby whistler » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:48 pm

I would like to thank you all for your wisdom and suggestions. I most certainly will do my homework before jumping out into the ppc arena.
I thought that google adwords would be a simple way to advertise but I see it is not as simple as it seems to be. Again Thanks all

Daryl

whistler

Postby nsusa » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:08 pm

I did stop using Overture. They admin panel sucks and traffic just did not convert. Google Adwords works most excellent for me.

Make sure you select good keywords and revisit campaigns to fine-tune where needed. This has worked very well for me.

Christoph
nsusa

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising