[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is Google WORTH it? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Google WORTH it?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Is Google WORTH it?

Postby WAHumor » Tue May 24, 2005 10:43 am

I reactivated a campaign on Google and set up one for my book.

Affiliate Fuel shows my earnings to date, but Google is waaaaay behind in the cost of the clicks! Heck, they only show a couple of them, and there's been lots more!!

I scoped out Overture a bit and haven't yet checked out all the "little guys". Are they the better way to go now?

After all, I gotta set up landing pages (albeit lousy ones) anyway!! :roll:
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby avrr » Wed May 25, 2005 10:09 am

As far as my Google campaigns, they are turning out good for me. Previously I enabled content match. But I feel those clicks are not worth for me in sales conversion. So I turned off that option recently.

Reg. Overture, its OK. The thing I like with Overture is they don't change keywords offline as Google. I like Overture (yahoo aquired it recently) on the whole.

I tried Findwhat.com with no luck. I didn't try others though, as one time I read that they have click fraud.
avrr

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 27, 2005 1:52 pm

Google's tracking is several hours behind - not usually more than that.

Adwords & Overture are definitely the best places to place your ads, as you will get more traffic which equals faster results.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Fri May 27, 2005 2:06 pm

Is it me or is Google now restarting the click stats each day?

Each day's numbers are different, never cumulative.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 27, 2005 2:24 pm

You can view your stats by day, by week or by month - you just have to select your view from the drop down menu...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby nuttymarketer » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:11 am

I found Google Tracking very cumbersome and the experince with it is far from satishfaction. Apart from this I would advise to use third party tracking tools rather than Google or Yahoo tool. Why?

They will see what you are getting and what you are doing with them. And this can help them design the pricing strategy for the PPC. I am not sure of Google but Yahoo's Overture is risky place to show your Winning award in sales. You never know what would be the future of PPC business.

Arvind Kumar
nuttymarketer

Postby roxyyo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:02 am

It really depends on your industry if you will do better with Yahoo than Google. Yahoo's bids are more expensive, but some businesses really clean up on Overture because Yahoo serves their target markets better. Generally Yahoo users are less tech-savvy, teenagers or retired/seniors.
roxyyo

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising