This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

....A Few PPC Tips & Resources...

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

....A Few PPC Tips & Resources...

Postby FreedomFire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:56 pm

Trafficology.com did an interview with expert Jon Keel about the Power of PPC Advertising.

You can here what Jon had to say at:

http://www.trafficology.com/mar04interview.html

If you want to learn more about PPC Advertising, you can also sign up for the Trafficology.com e-Course on the 7 Most Powerful Traffic Creation & Conversion Techniques at:

mailto:7powerfultechniques@trafficology.net

or send a blank email to:

7powerfultechniques@trafficology.net.

Pretty good info for those interested in learning how to best use PPC advertising for their NWM business.

BTW, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Trafficology.com other than subscribing to their ezine for tips & ideas.

God Bless,
Michael
FreedomFire

Postby FreedomFire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:58 pm

Here's a step-by-step process to set up a successful Google AdWords Campaign.....courtesy of Trafficology.com:

http://www.trafficology.com/tgmar04.html

God Bless,
Michael
FreedomFire

Postby FreedomFire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:59 pm

Found an interesting B2B search engine billed as the "Internet's largest business directory of companies, products, services, and resources". Presents some intriguing marketing potential due to it's targeting capability & association with various well known business websites.

Go to: http://www.business.com/

Then click on the "Advertise With Us" link at the bottom. You'll find 3 advertising options...2 are PPC & 1 is annual flat rate. There's also a very detailed listing of categories that drills well down into niche markets allowing very targeted advertising.

I hope somebody can use this. Haven't tried it myself....yet.

God Bless,
Michael
FreedomFire

Postby FreedomFire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:02 pm

This is from my friend Carl Sorenson...copied here for ya'll.

God Bless,
Michael

============

My Best Google Tips

Here is a collection of tips that can make a very significant difference in your Google Adwords campaign. I have been using Google Adwords for 2 years now and I consistently bring in Click Throughs higher then 10%. Average around 15-40%

I even have ads that are so "Niche Specific" my CTR has been as high as 100% on certain days...

#1 Tip. Do Your Homework! This means do your keyword research, assess the competition, find where they went wrong.

I use www.goodkeywords.com for my keyword research, its a free tool and works quite well. They will give you the total # of overture searches but you can safely assume that google will be getting the same if not more.

When searching for keywords many people quit after they have found the obvious.... Sadly this is only a handful of keywords. My BEST performing Google campaigns I have used more then 100 keywords or phrases. You would be VERY surprised at what people search for.

Keyword Research Tips,

1. Think of terms that a "buyer" would look for. Example... your selling Computer Games... use keyword phrases like "buy computer games, purchase computer games, order computer games" etc... You can use your keywords to "pre-qualify" your clicks. It helps.

2. Do some searches and see how MANY competitors there are and note what keywords you found them under. Look at their sites. You may find relative phrases or keywords on their site.

3. Try to keep similar keywords and phrases in groups of about 5-10 keywords,phrases per group. This is important.

Heres Why...

Google doesn't just reward the highest bidder. They reward the Smartest Bidders. Google is all about relevancy. So... With that being said. If your using the keyword "Computer Games" and your google ads title is "Buy Computer Games"

Computer Games will be showcased in BOLD because it matched the searchers query. This also applies to your ad itself. Any keywords in the ad will also be shown in bold. This one tactic alone will increase your CTR by a very noticable amount. By keeping your keywords in small groups you can write your ads accordingly so that you can maximize the amount of BOLD text in your ad.

When assesing your competitors for certain keywords.. Look and see how many of them have an exact match in the title of their ad. Those are your real competitors and the ones you should be watching. All of the other ads I basically ignore because I know that there CTR will be low and I can get better positioning for less money by writing smarter. My ads in BOLD there isn't.

Another important factor when writing your google ads are the different keyword tags you can use. I only use the following two.

These are [ ] and " "

Some people ask why they get so many impressions but no clicks... Like I mean 1000's of impressions and 1 or no clicks.

This is usually due to a very broad keyword with no tags.

For example. I type in my keyword Computer Games.

Now google will show my ad for anyone who searches "computer" or "Games" There are thousands of different things those users may be looking for and it's probably not computer games. Hence many impressions and no clicks.

You can change that by adding [Computer Games] adding the [ before and ] after changes your keyword to an "Exact Match" now your ad will only show when someone types "Computer Games"

The result will be less impressions and more clicks. You have effectively micro-targeted your keyword and ad.

The " " tags will match a phrase. So for example I have the keyword "buy pc games online" using the phrase tags will show my ad when a searcher uses all of those words in any combination.

Last but not least...

Your Daily Budget.... DON'T BE CHEAP!

My campaigns budgets are set at over $200 per day! My total adwords budget is over $2800 daily.

Do I spend that much? HELL NO!

If you put your daily budget to $1.00 and your bidding say .10 on each click. Google only needs to get you 10 clicks and your done, So they will only be showing your ad for a portion of the searches being done.

If you increase that to $50 or $100 even, Google will now be showing your ad much more frequently in an attempt to meet your higher daily bugdet. And the secret is... They can't do it! I have never had a campaign stretch more then $3 - 5 dollars in a day. And that is using a budget of $200

Hope this helps some of you googlers out there.

To Our Success!
Carl Sorensen

=======================
FreedomFire

Postby FreedomFire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:03 pm

I just read this tip at another website...& have summarized best I can below. Hopefully somebody can make use of it.

God Bless,
Michael

==================

To use PPC listings for free deposit the minimum required, then only bid .01 on the keywords related to your site that cost much more for top positions.

What this will do is list you in their massive database but due to the fact your listing is so far down the list, nobody will ever click through to your site. If they do click on your ad, it will only costs you .01.

How Does This Help?

Many free search engines use the Pay Per Click Data Bases to improve the quality of their own search results. The settings used by the person suggesting this idea got them about 1 months advertising for $25 resulting in a 10% increase of web traffic.

Your results will vary based on whether you want to try and ride it for completely free or use a small advertising budget.

The PayPerClick search engine that gave the best results to the poster was Findwhat.com .

It only costs $25 to get started. The FindWhat.com Network is comprised of hundreds of high quality, high traffic destination websites and search engines like: CNET's Search.com, Excite, Webcrawler, MetaCrawler and Dogpile,

So just by being listed in Findwhat you also get listed with these search engines through database sharing.

============

Note: (my personal advice) The above tip is good as far as it goes....getting you listed in SE's through data base sharing. Your next step would be to raise your SE positioning by applying appropriate methods currently proven to do that (e.g. targeted meta tags, link popularity algorithms, key word content targeting).
FreedomFire

Postby FreedomFire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:05 pm

Looking around again & found a couple more interesting links for info:

http://www.compareyourclicks.com/

http://www.keywordgold.com/how.html

God Bless,
Michael
FreedomFire

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising