[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - A Little Disillusioned • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

A Little Disillusioned

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

A Little Disillusioned

Postby Teresa Hansen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:46 am

I was all excited to try PPC. I purchased Google Adwords 123 and even Ad Words Analyzer (I want to do this right.)

But, on my first campaign, It's not going as I had hoped.

As suggested in Google Adwords 123 I'm promoting the 5starsurveys.com. I set up 6 Ad Groups with 2 ads each. What I was suprised at is at how many of my keywords I had to delete because they had "slowed".

Many of my keywords were exactly what Greg suggested in his book. But a couple of my ad groups were different as I was tring to be creative in finding related keyword interests of my target audience, (I targeted a couple soap operas with keywords).

My CTR was only .4% and i received no sales. I actually had to pause the campaign as I'm not sure what to do next. I had to delete most of my keywords because they had slowed, yet I don't think the keywords were too specific, and the ads i wrote were very similar to Greg's examples.

Greg has been very responsive in answering a couple of my initial questions.

I just wondered how many other people have tried a campaign similar and what kind of results they had?

Thanks!

-Teresa
Teresa Hansen

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:10 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Dean Phillips » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:26 am

Dean Phillips

I wondered about the market being oversaturated

Postby Teresa Hansen » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Teresa Hansen

Re: I wondered about the market being oversaturated

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:58 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

looking for new product to promote

Postby Teresa Hansen » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:46 pm

Thanks for the response Lynn.

I guess I'll look for a new product to promote and hope to find a winner--and I know a lot of it will be determined by the tweaking and testing as you said.

-Teresa
Teresa Hansen

Re: I wondered about the market being oversaturated

Postby onlineleben » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:56 pm

onlineleben

Postby mmh3 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:27 am

mmh3

Postby americanwahm » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:00 pm

Hang in there :)

PPC is an art form but thank goodness, it is an art that can be learned. :) I'm getting more and more success with my PPC projects, I have had to be patient and not give up.

I have been happy to sit wherever my six or seven cents a click puts me as I learn how to write good ads and tweak them as I go. When I see that I'm really getting good at it, then I'll think about getting more bold with my bidding!
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:36 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Just Google Adwords or others

Postby Teresa Hansen » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:06 am

Teresa Hansen

Thanks!

Postby Teresa Hansen » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:08 am

Teresa Hansen

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:43 am