[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - So excited! First trial run • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

So excited! First trial run

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

So excited! First trial run

Postby hilie_e » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:36 pm

hilie_e

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:03 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Dean Phillips » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:16 pm

Good luck! Definitely keep us posted! :D
Dean Phillips

Postby hilie_e » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:30 am

hilie_e

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:41 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Dean Phillips » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:50 am

Dean Phillips

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:04 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby hilie_e » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:26 pm

hilie_e

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:43 pm

You're welcome.

The general rule of thumb is that 1 sale in 100-200 click-through's is the norm - anything better than that is good ;)

So when you are figuring how much you can afford to bid per click, consider the half a percent conversion rate. At .05 cents per click, 200 clicks will cost you $10. Your profit margin should be over $10 in order to make a profit at a .5% conversion rate.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Teresa Hansen » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:54 pm

Teresa Hansen

Postby onlineleben » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:03 pm

hilie_e,
just check out what I answered to Teresa in her

Good luck with the new auction site you promote.
onlineleben

Postby hilie_e » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:43 am

I took a good look at the trials I was running from the aspect of "either my ads stink, or my landing pages do." lol The numbers just kept going down. So, I looked good and hard and decided I had great ads but the landing page left a lot to be desired - unfortunately there was nothing I could do about that. It wasn't my site, so I decided to stop those trials and try something else ... just to make sure I wasn't doing something terribly wrong.

I decided to choose a site where people could shop over the holidays, and I would get credit for all of their shopping. Found a great site with a 90 day cookie. Area A of their site is a group of products people love to buy in the winter. I chose one particular item to promote with roughly 30 keyword phrases, and about ten negative words. I wrote two ads, set the cpc pretty high, and didn't look at it all day. (Which was harder than I thought it would be lol)

So here are my new numbers:

2 clicks
23 impressions
overall 8.6% CTR
Average Position 15.3

ad 1: 2 clicks/ 15.3% CTR
ad 2: 0 clicks/0 CTR

I switched ad 2's text to that of ad 1, but I'm pointing it straight to the product instead of Area A. Try to tighten the focus and give visitors less of a chance to wander off without making their decision right away. :)
hilie_e

pretty good CTR

Postby Teresa Hansen » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:07 am

That seems like a pretty good CTR. I wondered what the CTR does when you get to the second page, which your ad would have been on with a ranking of 15.

I looked at one of my ads and there were only 3 clicks for 727 impressions.
--Guess I better work on my copy and getting more specific with my keywords.

-Teresa
Teresa Hansen

Postby Dean Phillips » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:29 am

Dean's Tip:

Look for some new niche markets. You may uncover a market
you can dominate with little or no competition.

One quick and easy way to find profitable new markets is to
sub-divide your current market into several narrowly defined
niche markets. Then customize your advertising to the unique
needs of prospects in each niche market. :wink:
Dean Phillips

Postby hilie_e » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:48 pm

hilie_e

Next

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising