[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Inspired by Lynn's challenge! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Inspired by Lynn's challenge!

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Inspired by Lynn's challenge!

Postby Teresa Hansen » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:44 pm

I just read Lynn's newsletter from today. I am determined to earn $5,000 by Christmas and I think I've been going about it the hard way.

I have a couple hundred dollars to invest, but I need that to multiply before I use it up.

What would be the best educational investment? Lynn, you mentioned
-Perry Marshall's Definitive Guide to Google Adwords, and
-Google Adwords 123 by Greg Heslin,
-Also in your post on Sept. 23 post about the DVD's on Writing Ads at writingadwords.com--
Which one would you purchase first? (I don't have my own product yet.)

And, if I pick a product, is it best to just do my Google ad campaign and direct them to the drop-shipping site, or try to presell it on my own site?

Also, I heard about aleksika.com in a teleseminar--does it do the same thing that wordtracker and Keywords Analyer do? My first impression was that it was great! It basically combines the inventory.overture.com keyword searches with google's search results, all on one page, and it's FREE!

Lynn, I printed out your email today and am making a plan to have $$$ for Christmas!

Thanks so much for any help and advice.

-Teresa
Teresa Hansen

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:41 pm

Great goal, Teresa :D I'm really glad that today's issue inspired you!

I took a look at aleksika.com, and it doesnt seem that much different than Overture's tool at first glance. does offer a lot more information and options - allowing you to import WordTracker results, see competing ads (and which URLs they point to, etc), the related terms searches & advanced searches. However... this may be something you want to wait and invest in in a week or two (out of your profits). You can set a day aside and buy access to for under $10 (for one day). Not as comprehensive, but it will definitely get you started ;)

As for which guide - I would suggest starting with . This fits your needs perfectly at the moment, and you can always get The Definitive Guide down the road when you are ready to dig into some different and/or more advanced information.

The important thing is to get secure with your strategy, choose a program, and do your research - - and then go live with the Campaign. If you get stuck on ANYthing along the way, be sure to stop by the forum here and ask any questions you have! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby shelwriter » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:30 pm

Ditto! Lynn inspired me too! :P

Now I'm frantically searching the net for stuff! But having a ball!

Thank you Lynn!
Shel
shelwriter

Ready to go with Google Adwords 123

Postby Teresa Hansen » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:35 am

I just purchased and downloaded and am in the process of printing out Google Adwords 123 and am SO excited!

It really sounds like the author, Greg Heslin, will hold your hand throughout the process and has had so much success in just 10 months.

It's amazing we have opportunities like this today.

Thanks for the info Terry and good luck to you too Shel.

-Teresa :)
Teresa Hansen

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising