[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Google Cash v. Definitive Guide v. Google Profit • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Google Cash v. Definitive Guide v. Google Profit

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Google Cash v. Definitive Guide v. Google Profit

Postby allen » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:24 pm

Hi all;

I just started my first Google Adwords campaign and hit a 5.4% click through rate but no sales. Obviously I'm doing something wrong!

Here is the question for anyone who can help...
(and if not, its good therapy for me to ask anyways:)

I already own Chris Carpenter's Good Cash as well as Perry Marshall's Definitive Guide to Google Adwords. But I still don't have a good feel on finding the right product (ie: niche) to promote.

I also don't really know what tools are the least expensive and the most effective to use.

Does anyone have any opinion on Google Profit (I think its called SearchInstitue)

They also claim to have some niche search tools.

I don't mind buying these books. Just don't want to buy things that are rehash of the same-ol-stuff

Most of what I read is available if one does a little research. But I've heard good things about Google Profit and I wanted some honest/unbiased opinions.

Thanks and Have a Profitable Week Ahead
allen

P.S. Is there a Book or a Guide that deals with researhing and finding Hot Niche Products/Programs???
allen

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:08 pm

Hi Allen,

I've read all three, and I thought they were all good. What might help you most at this point is Chris Carpenter's membership site: http://www.adwordmentor.com/ - Check it out and see if that looks like a good match for you.

I would venture to guess that your keywords with the high CTR and no sales are very general keywords (such as "hosting" instead of "business web hosting" -or- "dog" instead of "small dog sweater", etc). Am I warm?

Let us know if we can be of any help! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

AdwordsMentor

Postby allen » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:13 pm

Hi Lynn;

You are not Warm... You were RIGHT on with your analysis!
I'll check Adwords mentor and report my results on this board

Thanks
allen
allen

Re: AdwordsMentor

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:02 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising