[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Adwords - When to quit a campaign • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Adwords - When to quit a campaign

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Adwords - When to quit a campaign

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:41 pm

Hi,

I am new to Adwords. First setup a couple campaigns to bring in targeted traffic to my sites.

I now am trying to play with affiliate programs. I am getting like 400-800 impressions a day with about 1-2 clicks.

When do you give up on a campaign?

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby onlineleben » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:03 am

onlineleben

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:06 am

For this campaign I am at

6099 impressions
47 click throughs
0 sales
MommyEnterprises

Postby onlineleben » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:13 pm

Have you switched off the delivery to content sites?
Seeing your 0.7% CTR I gather that the traffic you receive is not so well targeted. I would play around with the text of the ad to get a higher CTR.
Setup an additional ad (switch off adoptimization on campaign level, so both ads (old and new) are delivered evenly) with different copy.
choose the best performing ad and try to improve that one as well.
Good luck.
onlineleben

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:38 am

Currently I have paused the campaign I was hoping was going to be my AMM1.

I am getting lots of impressions, some click throughs and only one sale.

Agh
MommyEnterprises

Postby Hock Ng » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:41 pm

Hock Ng

I am learning too

Postby molly » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:11 pm

Stephani,
I am new to the Google Adwords also. I just recently bought the Google Cash resources to get some expert help, and I will hopefully be applying it soon. Keep us posted, and I will let you know if I learn anything new myself.

~Molly
molly

Postby gadgetguppy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:31 am

gadgetguppy

Postby davethewave » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:33 pm

Something else to check. What is your daily budget? If you're reaching the daily budget that means you have maxed out your clicks. Next, I would write three different test ads for your campaign. Try each one and measure the results. Make sure to include keywords in your headline and description. You also want your ad to show on the first or second page.

Dave
davethewave

Postby Bahamas Joe » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi

I'm new to adwords as well.

What would be considered a good CTR?

Clk Imp CTR CPC
279 35,794 0.77% $0.62

These seem pretty bad to me.

In your experience is it better to have your landing page as a pure sales driven page or more as a lead capture page?
Bahamas Joe

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:04 pm

Anything over half a percent is considered decent... but it really depends on a lot of factors. For example, some people put prices right into their ads to lower the CTR - and only attract the most targeted clicks. You'll also find that your CTR is lower on more general keywords, and higher on more specific keyword phrases.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby HighSchoolRichKid » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:00 am

HighSchoolRichKid

Postby motheninja » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:47 pm

motheninja

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising