This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Less known search engines

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Less known search engines

Postby annalaurabrown » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:14 pm

I am wondering if anyone here has tried pay per click in some of the less known search engines such as seekster, linkathon, findbig, findlaunch, justsearch, link assist and others. I know the traffic of course is less than google, yahoo and msn but I can't afford ppc in these big ones.
What were your results?
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby chriswight » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:03 pm

I find the problem with the smaller and lesser known engines is that their limited resources (compared to the biggies) means similarly limited ability to control click fraud. Many of these engines are made all but worthless by the amount click fraud.
chriswight

Postby trekfun » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:58 am

I have tried seekster, justsearch and a few others but the results for my advertising was not very good. I have also tried Google and it was quite expensive and they had so many rules about how your advertising campaigns had to be done.

I use Search Big Daddy as my primary search engine, its low cost and its great.

To Your Success,
Les
trekfun

Re: Less known search engines

Postby markpaulquinn » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:48 pm

annalaurab wrote:I am wondering if anyone here has tried pay per click in some of the less known search engines such as seekster, linkathon, findbig, findlaunch, justsearch, link assist and others. I know the traffic of course is less than google, yahoo and msn but I can't afford ppc in these big ones.
What were your results?

I've used the following successfully, however with the 2nd-tier ppc engines results vary wildly. But here are the ones that worked for me:

goclick (even after it was bought out)
search123
7search

I had no luck with Miva and Kanoodle is pretty much universally shunned.

I haven't done much with the 2nd tier engines in about a year, but my partners and I will be retesting those and others soon.

At the time - about a year ago - 7search had a pretty nice click-fraud protection system - although it was based on people voluntarily submitting their conversion pages and then 7search would weed out poorly performing sites in their content network.

Paul
markpaulquinn

Postby Getagrip » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Google and Yahoo are still pretty much the best ways to go, although they are a little tricky to figure out.
Getagrip

Postby James Schramko » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:59 am

Try going the other way - go to bigger networks and test out Cost Per View CPV.

This is the big end of town and you can turn on traffic like a hurricane.

You can have one thousand views for $10
James Schramko

Postby kam11 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:55 pm

search had a pretty nice click-fraud protection system - although it was based on people voluntarily submitting their conversion pages and then 7search would weed out poorly performing sites in their content network.
kam11

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising