[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is Cloaking the Destination URL Permitted in AdWords • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Cloaking the Destination URL Permitted in AdWords

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Is Cloaking the Destination URL Permitted in AdWords

Postby Oliver Benn » Tue May 15, 2007 7:47 am

Oliver Benn
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 16, 2007 9:15 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oliver Benn » Mon May 21, 2007 1:13 am

Thank you, Lynn. I'll try that. Hopefully, they won't complain.
Oliver Benn
Elite Member

But...

Postby pmaior » Thu May 24, 2007 8:26 pm

But you can still comply and do what you are describing.

If you a have a relavant landing page in the ad portion , then put the clickbank link in the keyword portion. They allow you to put a different url for each keyword.

The link you put in the keyword does not show when the ad is displayed, but will take you to the url that you have put in the keyword.

Now if you don't have a domain where you are launching your hoplink from, you can use an iframe. You would then create an html or php page and place the hoplink in an iframe.

Now for how to not get flagged for the back button restriction. Google says you must be able to get back to search results by pressing the back button.

An Iframe by itself will not allow this. So I got around that by placing the the iframe below <div> Some kind of heading here</div>

Hope that explanation is not too technical. If it is let me know.

Here is an example of one I use.

I list topwebsecrets.com as my display url. Which is a wordpress blog where I give a brief description and a link. So that alone satisfys google's requirements, but that is optional for the discussion above.

I have had my ads turned off by google when first using Iframes, but when I used the above technique I have no problems.

I am working on a generic iframe generator program that will allow you to create all the code instantly and save the page as html. I'll be glad to send you a copy or give it to Lynn to post if she feels it is worthy. :wink:

I have a working copy but I'm not happy with it yet.

Here is the basic code for the iframe on the page

<center>
<div>

<h2>Your search for " Keyword Tools" Has Brought you to <font color= red>Exact</font> right place </h2>
</div>

<table>

<tr>
<td width=1000>
<IFRAME SRC='http://yoururlgoeshere' ALIGN=middle WIDTH=1000 HEIGHT=500 FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=yes></IFRAME>

</td>
</tr></table></center>
</body></html>

I must note that you can still view the source and see the affiliate link, but at least it does not show up in the url bar. If I figure out how to hide that, I'll let you know.

BTW Keyword Elite is awsome. Only been using it for a while, but it has cut s the time way down on keyword research sorting and creating adgroups.
pmaior

Postby Getagrip » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:36 am

I think your best bet would be to contact Google directly on that one. I was under the impression that this was against their TOS, but I could be wrong...
Getagrip

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising