[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - First Adword Add Going Out Tomorrow. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

First Adword Add Going Out Tomorrow.

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

First Adword Add Going Out Tomorrow.

Postby Bluesurf » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:52 am

Bluesurf

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:22 am

Way to go!

Keep us posted, Bluesurf - and of course, if you have any quetions along the way... just ask!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby Bluesurf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:20 am

Bluesurf

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:09 am

Great start!

You want to use as many keywords as possible... and its good to find keywords with a lot of searches, that you can still obtain top ranking for (that are not highly competitive). It takes awhile sometimes to find that 'niche', but its well worth it ;)

Have some fun with it & Keep us posted!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Hock Ng » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:38 am

Hey Bluesurf,

It's great that you got started! Now the important thing is to watch your campaign, learn what works and tweak it. Don't get discouraged and don't give up (I mean on your affiliate marketing efforts - you may have to 'give up' on the campaign if it's really not converting into sales after a couple of hundred clicks).

Let us know how you do.

Hock :D
Hock Ng

Postby Bluesurf » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:35 pm

dear Lynn Terry and Hock,

both your comments have been very helpful and are truely apreciated.

Will use further keywords to market my current affiliate program and will terminate this campaign if my hits don't convert to sales after several hundred hits.

Is it possible to add further keywords once a campaign is started or do you need to close that campaign and start a new one? Tried to find how to add keywords on the site but wasn't successful.

best wishes to all,

Bluesurf
Bluesurf

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:06 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Bluesurf » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:38 am

Dear Lynn Terry,

thanks for that information.

Was just about to go in and add extra keywords to the one I have in my add when opened an email saying my add had been suspended.

The reason given was that I did not identify affiliate status.

This was my my add

Cure Your Arthritis
All natural pain relief and
cure for arthritis sufferers.

Any suggestions how one would add affiliate into this add text. That is where they want it not in the URL.

I structured my add on several other models which were also affiliate sites but did not see the word affiliate or distributer in their text.

Clearly my add was not going to succeed without additional keywords.
Could this have been a factor in its suspension.

Interested in how other advertisers deal with this issue.

With thanks,

Bluesurf
Bluesurf

Postby sugarrae » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:52 am

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Bluesurf » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:57 pm

Bluesurf

Postby Bluesurf » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:19 pm

Add is up again and getting hits. Clicks per impression rate is not yet .5% necessary to stay out there. Lynn Terry you are so right about taking time to find that niche. No sales as yet. Got close to .5% yesterday but the clicks were not really targeted, so felt was wasting add money.

Began experimenting with keywords to try to find ones that bring in more targeted hits. Most of these have so much competition with this site I am lucky to get a click. The site I have chosen is a popular site.

Would I be better to look for a less popular site with less competition?.

I have chosen my site because I do believe in what it is marketing and also it is well structured to achieve sales.

Do you advertise your Commission Junction sites on Adwords?

Thought I might look there to find something completely different and compare results, as they appear to be structured differently to Clickbank sites.

Am really hooked now and determined to succeed. Any suggestions welcomed.

Best wishes,

Bluesurf
Bluesurf

Postby Andre Chaperon » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:06 pm

Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:38 pm

Hey Bluesurf - Great to hear that you're making progress!

My two most profitable campaigns right now are HIGHLY competitive markets... but I put A LOT of time into the research and came up with keyword phrases that (surprisingly!) nobody else thought to use in their PPC campaigns 8)

Putting together a winning campaign with those perfect (cheap) keywords and an affiliate site that converts visitors to leads/sales really well is not easy - which is why all of these guides are so popular ;) But it IS possible and very much worth the time you put into research & set-up!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Bluesurf » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:26 am

Thank you both for your welcome replies.

Have changed my actual add title and text and have included my new keywords in the both the title and text.

Entered my new search terms into google and my site is now on the first page of each of my searches, and beside other sites with content directly relating to my site content.

Don't expect to get many hits here, but very targeted.

Haven't quite got the `niche' yet for this one so will follow your advice Lynn Terry and do further research. Appreciate greatly what you all achieve now am trying it myself.

best wishes,

Bluesurf
Bluesurf

Next

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising