[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Has anyone tried google arbitrage? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Has anyone tried google arbitrage?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Postby DanLesser » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi all

What about google arbitrage? Where you send traffic not to clickbank but to adsense ads?

From what I have learnt you set up a page with adsense ads on, find cheap keywords that have good traffic numbers and send the traffic to that page. You make money if the pay per click from the ads is higher than the price you are paying for the for the click from the adwords program. One tip I saw was to search for forums or discussion boards on a niche, for example fishing.

If you do a search for fishing forum you will see that there are no google ads on the right hand side. Now if you put your ads there and they click through to your page that has some real content describing fishing forums on the web, the ads that show will be on fishing that have an adwords cost of over $5.

Now this all sounds great, but on further digging I have found out that google is now letting advertisers bid on ads on content pages. This amount due to the quality of the click is lower than for search engine results ads. So that $5 is more likely to be $1 or less to be shared between google and your adsense account.

Google also now has bots that can check for quality, more so recently than before, (called the google slap as mentioned in this thread), of your landing page where your ads are. You actually have to put real content plus there are other terms and conditions you have to follow.

But still this is worth a further look but I can´t help thinking I missed the boat on this.

Has anyone else tried google artibtrage?
DanLesser

Postby Getagrip » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:08 am

I haven't tried it, but I have read about it. I've read some forum messages that go something like this:

"Hurray, I made two cents today with Google Arbitrage!"

So, it can work...you'll just have to expirament and see how it goes. Just keep a close eye on your campaigns so that you don't end up loosing too much money - but maybe you'll find out that you've made money! Hopefuly more than two cents... :wink:
Getagrip

Postby AaronC » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:05 am

Google is cracking down on adwords arbitrage. For the last year or so they've been making their "quality score" algo more and more strict. As you said, part of this reason being to chop out the arbitrage.

So yea, I agree that it looks like a dying business model unless you plan to build an entire niche minisite around the topic.
AaronC

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising