[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Which PPC do you find makes you the most money? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which PPC do you find makes you the most money?

Methods & Tips for promoting your website, or affiliate programs, on the major search engines with pay-per-click advertising. Google Adwords, Overture, FindWhat, Kanoodle & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Which PPC do you find makes you the most money?

Postby heather2 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:44 pm

heather2

Pay Per Clicks

Postby wthomas46 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:38 pm

I can understand where you're coming from. I used Miva and GoClick a good bit a few years ago, but the cost of good keywords has make it more difficult to make a campaign profitable. A lot of it of course has to do what you are advertising. For instance, I was advertising an Oldies Radio Station a few years ago, and I was getting tons of clicks for a penny each! Advertising business opportunities is a different story. You're competing with thousands of other people and getting the right keywords for your business can be very costly.
wthomas46

Postby Getagrip » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:57 am

What you can use is the Overture Bid Tool to find out how much certain keywords are going for...but don't expect to pay less than 10 cents per click. You can see what their bids using the following link:

http://uv.bidtool.overture.com/d/search/tools/bidtool/

Please note:

I know Yahoo has some changes in process, so I don't know how much longer you can view bids...

You can also try MSN. I have not used them yet, but I hear you can get bids for as low as 5 cents a click.

As far as the smaller networks are concerned (e.g. Miva, Enhance, and others), I have heard that they are plagued with Click fraud, which means that even thought you can get cheaper costs per click, your costs per conversion turn out to be higher at the end of the day.

To see what I mean, go to http://StatCounter.com and get free tracking for your website. After you have advertised for a few hours on a smaller PPC network, compare the number of clicks to the number of unique visitors, and you might get an unpleasant surprise...

You can get lower costs on Google by increasing your relevancy. To do this, try and use the keywords you are bidding on in the various "tags" of your webpage and within your webpage itself - this can help lower your cost per click. You can learn more about this kind of stuff at Wealthy Affiliate.
Getagrip

Return to PPC: Pay-per-Click Advertising