[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do blogs mean the end of newsletters? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do blogs mean the end of newsletters?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Postby James Mann » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:45 pm

James Mann

Postby WAHumor » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:48 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby James Mann » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:55 pm

James Mann

Postby R Hagel » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:56 pm

Nope, you can't use that excuse Dan the Man. :wink: Blogging and blog software is free (ex: bloxsom).* Just check the license to make sure you can use it the way you want to use it (e.g. some blog scripts don't allow commercial uses).

(And just as a side note: if worst came to worst...if all blog software developers started charging big bucks...then you could just manually upload and archive your entries. I did that about three years ago before I realized that I was "blogging.")

Cheers,

Becky

*some, not all scripts are free
R Hagel

Postby James Mann » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:04 pm

Okay Dan we are waiting for your response. Take a couple of days and
then reply with a blog. :lol:
James Mann

Postby WAHumor » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:04 pm

Oh.

Really?

What about Jason's or Rebekah's products? Do they not make it easier?

I'm technologically challenged, y'know...can't even spell HT...umm...

If there's a free way for someone like ME to pull this off, then they SHOULD charge big bucks for it!!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby James Mann » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:07 pm

You are a funny guy Dan. I have followed your postings for months now
and I know that you are very capable.

I am going to write a blog guide, one day at a time and only charge you
$1 a day to read about it. I may even create it in the form of a blog. :lol:
James Mann

Postby WAHumor » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:13 pm

Awww, what the heck...I'll give it a shot!

Where do I start?

Any recommendations??

(This is usually the time when Lynny magically appears and answers my question sooo thoroughly yet concisely AND with sooo many juicy resources that it takes my breath away! One...two...three...)
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:16 pm

LOL :P

In case you didnt notice, I was the one asking the basics on blogging earlier in this thread ;)

I know there's a network on Ryze dedicated to bloggers and blogging - you may see if they have offered any resources. A simple search in google should return some "how to" results too...

Wish I could be more helpful!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Anita DeFrank » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:19 pm

:lol: And to think in less than 3 minutes!! Boy, Lynn..you're good!

Anita :D
Anita DeFrank

Postby WAHumor » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:29 pm

Oh...OK.

Gee, still got my breath...not even a hiccup...

Don't toy with me, Lynny!

You mean, I have to go to...strangers???

Here I've got this biiiig family and no one to help?

Oh, woe is me...
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:50 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:35 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Ooo!--- blogging! :)

Postby Steve Gill » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:09 am

Steve Gill

My Ears Were Burning!

Postby goldblogger » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:14 pm

Aloha Everyone,

My ears were burning! :)

Thanks for all the nice people have said about my book.

Here is the gouge:

Although I would love for every marketer in the world to buy my book -- marketers were not the pool of fish I was targeting when I wrote the book. I wrote it for bloggers.

Why?

Because I wanted to teach bloggers how to build a business -- a publishing empire -- around their hobby.

Blogging is not for everyone. It requires a lot of discipline and fortitude. It is an online journal that is updated almost daily. It requires a person that loves to write.

If you don't like to write -- don't blog. You will violate the expectations of your customers. Blogs are addictive and they will come back to your blog EVERYDAY to read more of your thoughts. If you just all of a sudden stop writing, readers will be pissed.

Now if you are a committed writer you will be hard pressed to find anything that is more seductive or has more income potential. There are over 13 revenue streams that you can spin off of your blog -- and that seems to be growing every month.

I do not recommend starting with my book or Dr. Mani's. They will not teach you about how to blog. This is where you need to start and both of these books are mandatory reading:

"The Weblogger's Handbook" by Rebecca Blood
"Blogging" by Biz Stone

Both can be found at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Rebecca Blood and I are arch enemies -- but she does know what she is talking about, and I highly recommend her book.

As of this week Blogger.com now offers free blogging tools for you to experiment with. I recommend starting there -- and then moving on to either Blosxom or Moveable Type (use Google to locate).

As the beautiful Becky Hagel pointed out -- pay attention to the licensing. Some tools are restrictive in how you can use them.

Any more questions? I would love the chance to answer them.
goldblogger

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging