This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

A question about openning a blog to my site

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

A question about openning a blog to my site

Postby zeing » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:39 am

Hello all!

I have a site that deals with health insurance.
I wanted to open a blog for it, and I wanted to ask you if you think it will be useful to open a blog for this kind of website, will it be useful?

*moderator edited to remove link
zeing

Re: A question about openning a blog to my site

Postby angienewton » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:40 am

Sure a blog would be helpful if you think it would help your readers to interact with you.
angienewton
Elite Member

Re: A question about openning a blog to my site

Postby tknoppe » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 am

A blog is by definition a means of delivering content using specific software that automatically archives messages by month/year (i.e. WordPress).

Using blog software to keep your site updated with fresh new information relevant to your business is a great idea. It lets those interested in your market know that you are the go-to person in your industry and by posting fresh content on your topic, the search engines will pick that up and if you do your keyword research wisely, you can begin to rank for your selected keyword phrases; which can in turn bring more traffic to your site and thus more potential clients.

Blog software like WordPress can run your entire web site, from blog posts to web site pages; but even if you should choose just to use a blog merely for latest news type blog posts, it's still a good way to provide fresh up-to-date news and information on your site and interact with your site visitors.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging