This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Q about WP and Adsense

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Q about WP and Adsense

Postby ownerwillcarry » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:26 am

Is there a trick to placing Google Adsense on my Wordpress blog? I'm attempting to place the Adsense code in the text/html widget but I'm having no success at it. Can anyone lend a hand?
Thanks...
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:00 pm

I don't think there should be any issue. Can you be more specific about what the problem is and/or give us a link to the blog?

The ads don't usually show up right away. Did you leave the code in place for a while?
lindastacy

Postby ownerwillcarry » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Thank you for your reply Linda. The blog is located at http://mightymenoffaith.wordpress.com/
I'd like to place the google ads in the sidebar underneath the calendar. I placed the code about 24 hours ago, but it still isn't showing up on the blog. I'm glad to know that at least it can be done though...
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:22 pm

When I look at the source code for your site I don't find the adsense code. I don't use Wordpress.com but I'm assuming the use of widgets is similar to self hosted WP. When you add or edit a widget there are two buttons you need to click to save the changes. One inside the widget box and the other at the bottom of all the widgets.

Try clicking both again and see if that works for you.

Otherwise, I'd suggest removing the widget and trying again. Also opy and paste the adsense code again just to be sure nothings missing from it.
lindastacy

Postby ownerwillcarry » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks for your help Linda. I just found out the WP.com does not support Adsense...

Thanks again,
Greg
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:18 pm

ownerwillcarry wrote:Thanks for your help Linda. I just found out the WP.com does not support Adsense...

Yeah ... Evidently, WP.com doesn't like commercial type blogs on their system. Can't say I necessarily blame them, though.

But I would encourage you to look at installing a WP blog on your own hosting as you would have all the flexbility to do what you want.

Plenty of info about how to do this in the blog category here on the SSWT forum.

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Postby ownerwillcarry » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks Rick,
I ended up going with TypePad. They have a 14 day trial going on. During that time I can evaluate them and choose between them and WP.org...
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby ownerwillcarry » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:11 pm

OK, it's taken me less than 1 day to see that TypePad isn't for me. I'm going to look into installing WP on my own server. Thanks for the advise...
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:44 pm

I think you'll be glad you did. I like wordpress more every day.

Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby AlexNewell » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 am

Having your own domain is of course the best - you get to call the shots. But if you just want to try blogging and adsense without the complications of hosting you can always use Blogger.

They are perfectly happy with Adsense.

Not sure about about Squidoo - but they are Affiliate marketer friendly.

All The Best
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging