This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Does anyone use the ScribeFire FireFox plugin to edit blogs

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Does anyone use the ScribeFire FireFox plugin to edit blogs

Postby jnnielsen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone uses the Firefox plug-in, ScribeFire, to edit or post to their blog. If so, how do you like it? What advantages does it have over using the built-in editor with Advanced TinyMCE?

Would appreciate your comments.
jnnielsen

Postby nar321 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:45 pm

I can think of at least one advantage which is you don't have to login to your site(You do have to tell SCRIBEFIRE your login details as part of the setup).

Another one is that with opening scribefire you are given a posting area much like the one I'm typing on and you then can publish it while in Scribefiree. No need to go to Admin > then Write>then type your post. Of course if you post to your site infrequently it probably isn't worth the trouble to install
nar321
Elite Member

Postby jnnielsen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:12 pm

nar321,

Thanks for the reply. I've decided to install it and try it out. I've got enough blogs that not having to login to each admin section might be a time saver. I do use a pull quote plugin for some of my posts, but I could always go in and do that later.
jnnielsen

Postby nar321 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Your Welcome, hope you find it usefull. If you aren't already a Elite Member I would recommend it. Unfortunately the ELITE FORUM IS CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS for the time being. You will have to wait till Lynn opens it again.
Last edited by nar321 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 pm

I use Scribefire every now and then when I'm in a hurry. If you're going to post videos or anything like that in your posts though, I would recommend logging in and blogging from your blog dashboard. Sometimes the code gets gunked up between the program and your blog. That's not just with Scribefire either, also with other similar blogging from one place type programs.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging