[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I've Messed Up Big Time • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I've Messed Up Big Time

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

I've Messed Up Big Time

Postby success1256 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:02 pm

I've messed up my blogs and I need lots of help.

Here goes. I have two blogs hosted on Hostgator. The extent of my blogs was only installing wordpress and the themes for each. I did this a couple of months ago and got side tracked by some personal matters.
I started on last week to get my blogs ready to add content and attempted
to upgrade to wordpress 2.7 since I didn't have anything on the websites.

I then tried to upload the wp uploader and mistakenly uploaded it into the wrong file. I know, stupid me. (LOL)
If that wasn't enough I checked the box that said "delete existing files"

End result--- I deleted both my websites. Now when I click on the domain names, I get an error 404 page. I didn't have any content on either blog so there's no big lost.
My question is, how do I reinstall wordpress onto my domain names again.
I went into Fantastico in cpanel and deleted wordpress from each domain name. However, when I open the file manager folder, all the wordpress themes, plugins, and admin files are still there under each domain name.
I didn't want to delete them and make an even bigger mess than I already have without asking someone who might possibly be able to guide me in the right direction. :?
I guess what I'm saying is that I want to start from scratch as though I had never installed wordpress to begin with.

Can someone please help me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
success1256
Elite Member

Postby success1256 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:33 am

I am now out of the panic mode. I've since contacted Hostgator and they have helped me to resolve the issue I was having with deleting my wordpress files and starting all over.

By the way, HG rocks! Their support group is awesome in that they are super fast in response and on target with the answers to issues. I'm glad I was convinced by Lynn and others to use HG as my web host. I'm also happy to be a part of this great forum with such wonderful caring and sharing people.

Thanks,
Rozina
success1256
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Have to agree with you Rozina. I just switched too and really like it.

Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging