[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Pictures Too Small • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Pictures Too Small

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Pictures Too Small

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:55 pm

I have a wordpress blog and for some reason, when I upload pictures lately, they publish so small you can barely make them out. In the past I uploaded photos once in a while and had no problem with size. I haven't done anything differently, but I do have an old version of wordpress.

Any ideas about the cause or solution?
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Kit Singleton » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 am

Hmmm. I haven't run into this problem but will keep my eyes open and if I run across a solution, I'll let you know. Please keep us posted on this issue.
Kit Singleton

Postby lisaw » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am

It's hard to say what's causing that. Have you made any changes to your template? What do you see as options when you upload a photo? Is there anywhere to change your options?

For security purposes you should upgrade your version of WP. There are some very important fixes in the latest version.

Keep us posted on this!
lisaw
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Thank you both. I have changed the theme, so I am going to go into the html for some of the old pics and see if there is any clue there.

I am planning to upgrade, but I have so much content and am so nervous about losing it that I have been putting it off.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Kit Singleton » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:44 am

Kit Singleton

Postby Baggs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:58 am

Baggs

Postby TorontoCarol » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:49 pm

Okay I'm convinced. I'll bite the bullet and upgrade.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Okay, I bit the bullet and did the automatic upgrade and got a fatal error!! I did do a backup, although I have no idea what to do now and it seems to have gone into maintenance mode or something.

If something can go wrong, with me it usually does.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Baggs » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Baggs

Postby TorontoCarol » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Baggs,
The site is mugsandmegs.com

I wanted to try first on a site that didnt have as much content. Now it is in eternal maintenance mode.

This is the error message:
Warning: main(../wp-load.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0311/d43/s08/b025963d/www/mugsandmegs.com/wp-admin/admin.php on line 7

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../wp-load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0311/d43/s08/b025963d/www/mugsandmegs.com/wp-admin/admin.php on line 7

Like I said, I did a backup but havent a clue how to put it back on the site.

Thanks for your time.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby wade_watson » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:35 pm

I can't be much help on your upgrade problem. It sounds like you may have to reinstall or something. But on image sizing, some themes will automatically size your image down when you upload. I often like to post images 600 pixels wide and WP always makes them 500 even if I tell it to go full size. I just go to the HTML view and change the 500 to 600 and it comes out fine.

Good luck.

--Wade
wade_watson

Postby nar321 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Author of plugin is wpplugins@techie-buzz.com. Tell him your problem, also post at wordpress.org.
Check with your web host they should be able to roll you back to where you started the upgrades. Ask for a database rollback as of the date one day before the upgrade. Time is of the essence as any hosts I've dealt only keep the databases for a week or so

It is possible to work on the database manually, though to be sure not for the faint hearted.

This is probably why one should wait at least till the Version is 1.0, not 0.x

Try posting in the Blogging forums here ar SSWT. Best wishes for a quick return to normal
nar321
Elite Member

Postby TorontoCarol » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks Wade for the photo info. That makes sense since it was when I had a different theme that my pics were bigger and seems easy enough to fix.

And nar321 (sorry, don't know your name), I am going to talk to my web host, so thanks for the nudge to do it quickly.

If all else fails, at least it wasn't a big content blog.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 pm

I have only had this problem when publishing on my Blogger blogs. Usually when I want to use an image on Wordpress I upload with my FTP program.
MommyEnterprises

Postby nar321 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 pm

Name is Robert Allen Nelson =nar321. Do email the plug-in author, don't expect a reply. It could be a solution is possible at wordpress. org. Can you get into the Cpanel of the site? Maybe it is just a plug-in problem(try deactivating all of them and if it solves the problem reactivate one plug-in at a time)
nar321
Elite Member

Next

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging