[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I have a question about using wordpress.com • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I have a question about using wordpress.com

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

I have a question about using wordpress.com

Postby everydaywellness » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 am

Currently I have a health and wellness blog on with blogger but I'm considering switching to wordpress.com. I'm considering switching to wordpress because then I can add pages regarding my business which I think is a great idea.

My question is wordpress easy to use? Also I was wandering if there is a way I can make a survey page on wordpress? Would I be able to make like a Get more information form on wordpress? What else would I be able to do on wordpress that I can't do on blogger?
everydaywellness

Postby robert adams » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:17 am

I don't know a lot about exactly how to do it, but I do know that you can do all of that and much more with your own installation of WP.

there are plenty of WP help sites out there and there are plenty of people right here that can help you do whatever you want.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Kit Singleton » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Kit Singleton

Postby nar321 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:24 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:59 am

Hi Valerie,
I'm still learning but it's definitely best to go with wordpress.org for a business blog. You'll need a hosting plan which is really affordable (Lynn has a link for Host Gator which I also use). It's best to go that way because Blogger has been known to pull blogs for no reason and then it's gone and you have lost all of your great info. My personal blog is on Blogger but my weight loss/fitness blog is wordpress.org and installed using Fantastico which is in cpanel at Host Gator.

As for WP being easy to use, I am finding my way around but I wouldn't say it's all been easy however it's best for business so I realized I have to take the time to learn it.

Hope this helps!
angienewton
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging