[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do You Have A Lonely Blog? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do You Have A Lonely Blog?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Do You Have A Lonely Blog?

Postby Publisher-For-You » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:33 am

Hey guys,

It seems like many (most?) blogs don't have very many, if any, comments.

This makes these blogs look kinda lonely, and is perhaps discouraging for the author, who may feel like they are typing to no one.

Given that a lot of us may be struggling to get our blogs off the ground, I'm wondering if we could help each other out.

Specifically, would you be willing to regularly visit somebody's blog, and add a few thoughtful comments, if they did the same for you?

If a 5 to 10 people all got together in to this kind of partnership arrangement, they could all have hopping active blogs. Not a new idea.

Are you doing this? Do you wish you were? Worth discussing?
Publisher-For-You

Re: Do You Have A Lonely Blog?

Postby robert adams » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:25 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Re: Do You Have A Lonely Blog?

Postby Publisher-For-You » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 am

Publisher-For-You

Postby angienewton » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Sounds interesting. I'm not currently doing something like this. I wonder though if it's kind of...oh can't think of the word....but don't we really only want people who truly have an interest in our blog to visit and comment? I don't want anyone to waste their time on my blog if it's not something that interests them.

So I guess we could list our blogs and if they are blogs that we would read on a pretty consistent basis, we could comment on those.

I'm just rambling on with my thoughts LOL

I don't mind helping others out though so maybe we can discuss this topic here further.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Publisher-For-You » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Publisher-For-You

Postby Shaye ~ proud wahm » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 am

Shaye ~ proud wahm

Postby Publisher-For-You » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:28 am

Publisher-For-You

Postby Publisher-For-You » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 am

Publisher-For-You

Postby Publisher-For-You » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Shaye, Angie, others....

I'm in the process of whipping together a little clubhouse for those of us who'd like to enter mutually supportive partnerships with other webmasters. Please see sig for link.

The project is just barely underway, and so still fully qualifies as a "lonely site." :-) Could surely use your help changing that, and will surely help you in return.

Personally, I'm going to refocus my efforts away from wandering around the Net commenting here and there in a random fashion, towards working with and for what I hope will become a small close knit group of "Blog Buddies".

Psst, don't tell Lynn, but I might even (gasp!) Tweet and Twitter if that is helpful to whoever shows up. :-)

Hope this is helpful...
Publisher-For-You

Postby Shaye ~ proud wahm » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:42 am

Shaye ~ proud wahm

Postby Shaye ~ proud wahm » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:49 am

Shaye ~ proud wahm

Postby Publisher-For-You » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:25 am

Publisher-For-You

Postby Publisher-For-You » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:31 am

Publisher-For-You

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:33 am

I've got to say that it's kind of an odd question, based on the fact that, outside of Angie, no one else has posted a link to a blog. I belong to one of these small groups, and what we did was create a little image that we put onto our blog, and we have one guy doing the tracking of sorts, and we make sure to visit each other, and only have to do a return trip if someone actually writes a comment, acknowledging that sometimes we just don't have anything to say (one of our participants sometimes writes poetry; I just can't always figure out what to say other than "very nice").

Overall, it's a good idea to do, but I think the conversation goes better if people can view the blogs first. I don't know anyone in today's world who'd agree to something sight unseen.

And, by the way, I'm checking Angie's blog out right now.
Mitch

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging