[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Wordpress - Optin / Sign Up form advice needed • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Wordpress - Optin / Sign Up form advice needed

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Wordpress - Optin / Sign Up form advice needed

Postby Eprofitguys » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:59 am

Eprofitguys
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:59 am

why do you want to switch to WP for your website?

WP is basically a blog software, because of the way it works, many people use it to create static webpages.

however, if you are already having problems with that part of it, why would you want to change?

collecting names and email addresses in WP is exactly the same as in regular web pages. You just have to find where to add your form code.

Others here can tell you how to do that better than I, however, I think you can just do it in your dashboard where you edit your themes.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Eprofitguys » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 am

Great points. I think I would be happy if I could just get an optin on the blog. I tried to install the wp optin plugin but when I activate it - it doesn't show up anywhere.

People keep telling me that my autoresponder has to provide me a code but I still have to have a form for them to fill out? Not sure...kinda lost!
Eprofitguys
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Kit Singleton » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Hey Steve,

I use WAHMcart for my shopping cart and autoresponder. They gave us the signup code to add to the site. You can see what it looks like at:

http://virtualbusinessmavens.com/blog
Kit Singleton

Postby lindastacy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi Steve,
There is a lot you can do to customize your blog without having much php knowledge.

I believe the Cutline theme uses sidebar widgets so you can add the opt-in form to your blog by pasting the code into a text widget.

Wordpress has a huge community of users and I find excellent help and resources through their forums. Rest assured that almost anything you need to do with WordPress has been done by someone already. And most of the time, you can find out how on those forums.

The manual or tech support for your autoresponder program should have detailed instructions on setting up an opt-in form, including giving you that link that you need for the form Robert provided.

If you want to tie your shopping cart and autoresponder together, a "full-service" script like WAHMcart will probably be much easier for you than trying to integrate the two yourself.
lindastacy

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging