[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Set up blogs on domain or keep separate? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Set up blogs on domain or keep separate?

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Set up blogs on domain or keep separate?

Postby WAHumor » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:30 am

I have a confession: I have three blogs I recently set up as companions to separate related sites.

That is, different domains for both the site and its companion blog.

Would it be best for me to transfer them if possible to the site domains instead of leaving them separated?

One is the .net version of the site domain and another is a "name" domain. The third is on a domain related by one keyword.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Mike Paul » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:39 am

Mike Paul

Postby GT » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:52 am

Hi, Dan:

I agree with Mike. If the blog supports the site theme and content, then it makes more sense to host it on the same domain and present it all as a package.

One other factor comes to mind, though as Mike said, this is my opinion. I would think that by hosting your blog on your domain and by posting new content to your blog regularly, that is going to improve your search engine popularity and results. It focuses on one domain rather than splitting the results into two.

GT :)
GT

Postby KansasDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:45 am

Interesting question..

Let's look at what our fearless leader is doing. She has a highly successful Forum and Internet Marketing infomation portal at www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.Com and a highly read, rapidly growing successful blog at www.ClickNewz.com.

I rather doubt Lynn's success would have been any greater if it was www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com/blog, I actually would be of the opinion her results might be less.

I think your real issue is this. Are the blogs purpose to promote that associated site, and that is its only purpose? If so, make it a subdirectory of that site.

If the blogs are intended to have standalone power, and an identity unto themselves, then leave them separate.

The other advantage to having them under separate domain names is the fact that they will be EXTERNAL links coming into your other sites, instead of internal links.

Just some food for thought..
KansasDragon

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging